1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ziplock Omlette

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by vckums, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

I got this in an email. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

ZIPLOC OMELET

(This works great! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet).

Have each person write their name on a Quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
    Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
    Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, etc.
    Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
    Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
    Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/6500/1multipart4gd.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4091/29wd1.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9263/34sa3.jpg[/img]

2. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Awesome! I'll need to try that one! I know just making them the normal way for the three of us is annoying.

3. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

I did! I did! :dancebear: :hareiam: :partyhat4: I tried it and it works GREAT! We went camping last weekend and I recieved the same email the Wednesday before we went. It works really slick, and since you use no oil...it's better for ya. I put in ham, onion, green pepper, cheese and a little left over (from the open fire the night before) cubed potatoes and onion already cooked up. It really doesn't look like one would fill you up but it did. Be sure to use quart sized freezer bags. Someone I know tried it with sandwich sized and they still weren't cooked in 30 minutes. They really do slide right out and look just like the pics below. I will do this again. I was thinking next time I might fry up some chorizo (sp...Mexican sausage) ahead of time and put that in there for Mexican omlettes. I will also just make them up ahead of time and have the bags in the fridge & ready to boil before I leave. I made mine up at camp & I hate chopping. MMMMMM! Give it go.

4. CrabbinQueen

CrabbinQueen (Small Crab)

Hey I gotta try this! I struggle with omlettes. I always end up undercooking the middle, and overcooking the outside. It's the one breakfast food that I just can't master! I can make sausage gravy that rivals your grandma's, but I can't cook a friggin omlette. LOL. Maybe this is the answer to my prayers. :)

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

WOw!!!I am so glad to know someone tried it!! I am going to, I cant do a good omlette..its sad LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.