1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zilla's Basking Platforms?

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by Mommy2Crabs, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

I have one of these in my new tank. It's pretty cool. It has a hiding place for my hermies and they can climb on top of it. Has little stairs for them to climb on both sides.

I just found my big ol' Turtle picking at it and eating it. On closer inspection, it kinda looks like it's flaking off just a little bit at the stairs. I looked up the Zilla site and all it said was that it was hand painted and made to look like real rock material. It also said that it wouldn't change the mineral balance if water is near by. Still doesn't tell me anything.

Does anyone know about this product and if it is safe for Hermies?

2. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

You can email Zilla and ask exactly what is it made of due to your turtle eating it.

I read some reviews where the paint faded, but I couldn't find anything else.

3. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Thanks Wiz! I will do that. FYI-Turtle is my large crab. He has his name cuz he moves so slow.:D

4. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

:rolleyes: Here I thought it was a real turtle. That's cuz I have two box turtles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.