1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Youtube Video of Hermit Crabs Being Forced Into Painted Shells

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Hermies4Ever, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

It is so cruel, and wrong! :crying: Watch it, if you dare! :po:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ny6kipmsg

2. imported_CoolDoggy10

imported_CoolDoggy10 "Preparing For First Molt"

I've seen the vid before.... I feel very bad about my crabs wh had to go through that... :sad5:

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes. So do I... :( Poor crabbies! Stupid, cruel, thoughtless humans!

4. imported_CoolDoggy10

:yes2:

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

That smiley/emotion makes you like a college scholar, all sophisticated and smart, and stuff! :chuckle:

6. imported_CoolDoggy10

ikr :girlpower:

7. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Its sad, but true. I bet if you look closely, you'll find the "petco" symbol on those guys' jackets. The lable for hermit crab is probably "another dumb fish".

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Some people are so CRUEL! They take hermit crabs by the dozen, from their homes, and then sell them, just to make MONEY! They don't care about their environments, or the people they are going to, when they are sold. They don't care about researching the proper care for them, and then giving the RIGHT information to new hermit crab owners. Big businesses are just plain EVIL, CRUEL, AND DOWNRIGHT STUPID! =(

9. Donny (TMNT)

I've got no problem with them taking the crabs from the beach, but they REALLY should have researched before grabbing them.

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes. But they didn't, and that, as well as the way they treat/care for their hermit crabs, is not right. (I am not saying that all pet stores treat their hermit crabs like this, but the majority, you have to admit, tend to have some pretty stinky crabitats, BECAUSE ALL THE CRABS ARE DEAD!) Pet stores always have better habitats/aquariums for all the other animals they sell. The fish tanks are colorful, and patterned, as well as spacious, and decorative. The rodents have clean shavings, fresh food and water, and new toys to play with... But, think about it... The hermit crab's don't get nearly as good care as these animals do. And that's not FAIR! =(

11. Donny (TMNT)

Most pet stores are just plain inflexible. The only things they know about?
    Pretty much just dogs and cats.

12. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes. Because they are the most commonly-owned animals, and they are the largest, and often some of the hardest to care for, because of needing a litter box, needing to be walked, shots, groomed, checked for ticks, watered, fed, played with, trained... All that, stuff. Actually, their fish tanks are pretty good... As well as their rodent cages, and lizard and frog and turtle cages. In fact, now that I think of it, the only, 'bad', cage, is the hermit crab cage!
    But just because of that, does not mean that pet store's, should neglect the proper care of their other animals. And especially not give the incorrect/inaccurate care information to other customers purchasing animals...

13. Donny (TMNT)

No, actually, most stores I think take terrible care of guineapigs, and reptiles, ect. But I do appreciate the adoption things that stores like that do for dogs and cats. Which proves that they aren't completely sick.

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I think the stores just want to make money, and get rid of the dogs/cats as soon as possible. They offer to take them in, and then they just try to get them new homes as soon as possible, and charge money for them, which I just don't get! You can't BUY a life! Just as people don't BUY people!

15. Donny (TMNT)

What I meant by adoptions, is that the stores set the dogs and cats up to be given to other costumers. I think the stores care about dogs and cats, but not hermit crabs or anything exotic.

16. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

No. Stores just let people advertise lost animals (usually dogs and cats) on their walls, and adoptions/litters. They don't help/care about anybody except themselves, their business, and making as much $ as possible, in as little work/thought as possible.

17. Donny (TMNT)

Actually, I've seen real dogs and cats up for adoption at petco, and jars near them saying to donate to buy them food.

18. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes, that's probably to show customers that they care about animals, and to attract more business.

19. Donny (TMNT)

Of course they want more buisness. I really don't know they're intentions, but I think they wanted both things.