1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion Please

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by HermitPaws, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

ok I have 9 smalls/meds in a 5 gallon at the moment :(
    I know that 2 small and im geting another 20Gal hopfully tomarrow or sunday. the crab i recued/ adopted is in my 10 gal is a Very large/jumbo crab and will be moving in with my other 2 jumbos soon into a 20Gal long.
    yet i find putting in two water bowls and 2 jumbo crabs with climbing stuff, is very hard to do.

So what i ask Would a 29gal long or a 20gal Tall be better for the 3 jumbos????????

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Jumbo equals a softball--so are they really Jumbo's?

A true JUMBO needs 8-10 inches of substrate so act according to the height of the tank. I still think that is too small if they are really Jumbo...... :(

3. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

well 2 out of the 3 are real jumbos the other one is on the edge of becoming a jumbo.

4. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

HermitPaws:

The rule of thumb is 5 gallons per jumbo. That being said, I would suggest a 29 gallon high. That way you can have enough room for the substrate and you should also have enough room for water bowls, hideys and climbing things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.