1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes! Yes! Yes! It's alive!! Woo Hoo!!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by nick-dadson, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick-dadson

nick-dadson (Micro Crab)

Ok, so my crabbie only changed his shell. But thats really big for me. My past few crabs that have changed shells and/or moulted or attempted to have died on me. To celebrate im going to buy a new tank for my little mates tomorrow! :)

2. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Well congrats

3. Stella

Stella "Never Molted"

it is so cool when they do change shells ! i've had one change a shell a day, and others that i've had 8 months never change.

how long have you had this crab?

4. nick-dadson

nick-dadson (Micro Crab)

Um.. about four to five week.s My other two which I;ve had for several months havenlt changed at all...

5. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Watching a shell change is pretty cool. Did you get watch it happen?

6. crabbiepants

crabbiepants (Micro Crab)

Yeah it is so cool I had 2 of my guys change shells within hours of bringing them home and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Congrats and Good Luck with the many shell changes to come... :)

7. nick-dadson

nick-dadson (Micro Crab)

Unfortunately no, I didn't get to see the transition :(

Hopefully I'll be able to seer more of my crabbie pals now though: Today I got rid of my old 5 litre tank in favour of a great 18 litre one I found at an aquarium shop across town. It's really nice: It has rounded front corners with no joins, and the lid which it has is in two parts, which allows me to have it open just a tiny part right up the front or back to avoid the glass fogging up while i still get temperature and humidity levels just right.

Now all I need are nome new decorations.. and maybe a new crabbie or two: When I first sat my current three in there, they looked so small! Plus, Dr. Harry Cooper had them on his tv show last month, and he said they are very social and enjoy lots of company.

8. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

Congrats! I know how exciting that can be! One day they're in one shell, the next day in another! It's like getting a new outfit. Just yesterday, I was watching my crab check out a shell and I thought she was going to change. I watched for about 30min. Then, she walked away from it. :mad: My one crab, Midge, changed shells and then another, Crosby, changed into Midge's old shell. I thought Midge had changed back into her old shell until I saw both her and Crosby next to each other! :p I was all confused! :confused: :)

9. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

That is good that alive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.