1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah Petco

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by SuperMom, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

Our local petco moved last week and tonight I went in. One of the girls that works there came running over to me all excited saying LOOK LOOK. ALL the new tanks have digital thermastats and humidity thingy. So each tank is programmed to a certain temp and hum. The crabs looked great and so did ALL the other tanks set up.

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

wow, that is great news!!
    Good for yor Petco!
    I think out of all the stores I hear/read about, Petco seems to be the one making the most improvementa with their crabs.
    Not mine yet, sad to say! [​IMG]

3. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Sharon, which is yours? Maybe I can have som influence...ha!!! well it's worth a try!

4. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

I will call them and get the store number.

5. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

Jenny, see your p.m. please.

6. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i dissagree. our petco in grand rapids michigan is a peice of hermit terd! there mice were eating each other alive! the crabs tank was dry, the fish tanks were covered in algea, and there ferets were balding. i hate petco

7. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

The Petco in my area is clean and they have alot of good supplies(for every other animal except their hermit crabs),but the animals are in terrible shape.The hermies are crammed into a tank with no protection from light or heat.Plus,their food and water dishes are out of reach of the smallest crabs.Plus their water dishes always have a bunch of funk in them,like they're only cleaned once a month instead of once a day.plus the substrate's like half a centimeter thick,so none of the crabs can burrow.It's so heart-breaking to see the dying crabs.[​IMG] my petco sucks...and is not making any progress with the care of hermit crabs.

8. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i agree, my petco is just like that except all the animals r suffering.

9. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

what a shame..I hate it when the employees don't know anything about the animals and the poor things have to suffer because of their mistakes....

10. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

my petco only has the dial gauges.The cage is big.Lotsa strawberries!I wonder what other kinds of species they have.Next time I go I'll check.the cage looks nice.The strawberries are very active.I got one.It was running away,I think.They ahve caresheets!Still don't have a salt water pool.Will get one soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.