1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah, I was bored...

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Amie91280, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

2. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Wow Amie, you're so good at that.  What program/s do you use?  I'd love to play around with it some...

3. Amie91280

Thanks Chris!  I used Adobe Photoshop Elements.  It's the cheapskate's version of photoshop....lol.  I started with a picture as the base layer, then selected areas of it and painted them in till it was all painted.  It took FOREVER!  I had a boring day yesterday though, so it was fun.

4. CrabbyChris22

Are there any free programs on the net that will do this really cool stuff?  Vector images are the ones where you can get the view of all the little points and lines to customize a pic and cut things out too, right?  At least I saw a program at work that did something like that.  I just wondered if there was open source programs one could pick up that did all that cool stuff.  I'd love to be able to alter some pics that had backgrounds or something I didn't like to just make a nice clean pic to work with.

In this pic, you just took a jpeg and saved it as a vector image (I forgot the extension on that) and then did all the other cool stuff?

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

it ROCKS~~next time your bored do one of mine (hint hint)  :idea1:

6. Amie91280

Lol Herm-EZ!  Next time I'm bored, I'll keep that in mind ;)  Chris, I just used a jpg and did it over that, then deleted the layer with the actual picture in it.  You can download Photoshop CS for free somewhere, I forget exactly where.  I waited till Elements 2.0 went on sale for $50, then I grabbed it.  They have 3.0 out by now of course...lol.  It doesn't have the pen tool, which is why I can't get everything as nice and smooth as I'd like.  I use the pologynal lasso tool to select areas.  I guess it's not a true vector image because I think in those each color is it's own layer.  I kind of painted and blended some things in one layer.  Some layers I did over other ones, but not if I could help it...lol.  When I was done with each layer, I duplicated it, put a glass effect on it and set that layer's transparency down, then merged it with the original to give it the 3-d lighting effect.  It's hard to explain...lol.

7. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

He is adorable!  He reminds me of a Pixar character!  Great job, Amie!!! :hello2:

8. CrabbyChris22

I didn't understand a thing you said Amie except some about the layers.  LOL. :icon_biggrin:

9. Amie91280

I made one for Stacy to use on her site and thought I'd share a bigger sized one here :)

[img=300x209]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Amie91280/Cinnamon.png[/img]

10. thats awesome looking how did you make it!

11. putertutor

putertutor Guest

Amazing Missy!  Terrific job!

12. Amie91280

Thanks Robin!  Coming from you, that means a lot!

13. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

AWESOME Amie  :icon_thumleft: