1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAY! NEW GAUGE!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by imported_lovelylivelycrabs, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

:party: I got a new gauge at walmart... :D SO EXCITED.
    Okay, so I prettified my tank with some fake flowers, and got a new gauge and I think my 10g looks really good (well, as good as it can for a measly 10g! :sad5: Can't wait to upgrade!!) Here's some pictures:

[​IMG]
    My new gauge! $7! THANK YOU WAL-MART!
    [​IMG]
    The plants make it so much prettier!
    [​IMG]
    Left side
    [​IMG]
    Delight of the day: Scrambled egg with eggshell, ground beef, chicken, and organic green beans!
    [​IMG]
    These two love that pot!!
    [​IMG]
    Mike and Ike hiding out
    [​IMG]
    Top view
    [​IMG]
    Drying some hemp nets!
    [​IMG]
    My cute little minifridge, full of crab food!
    [​IMG]
    Oak leaves! That's actually a KFC bag... definitely no chicken grease in there...haha
    [​IMG]
    Come a long way, eh? :)
    [​IMG]
    My mom's old kritter keeper is now my savings bank for my new 'tat! :)
    [​IMG]
    The total view

Yes, I know I need more shells for mike and Ike, I don't have the money right now though... the bigger shells are expensive!! (and hard to find!)

I'm not so sure about getting a 90 gallon like I had planned. One, it's too big, and two, it's expensive, and the money I save by getting a 55 gallon instead, I can use to furnish the tank! :) Besides, 90 gallons for 3 crabs?! haha! :dork2:

:shmama:Thanks for looking! :) :shmama:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Looks very good!

Instead of a fish tank, look for a reptile tank. They are a lot cheaper and not as heavy.

3. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

I was planning on getting a terrarium instead of an aquarium :) They're less expensive too :)
    :hermzpoo:
    :thanks:Thanks, I've been working hard to make it nice! :cat:

:D I love these smileys!

4. createbad

createbad "Never Molted"

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Your tank looks very good. Nice job!! The food looks great too I thought at first it was your dinner lol. Seriously though I have tried to give my Hermie's fresh food but I watch them just walk up to the bowl turn and walk away. They are very picky and It seems that they will only eat Addiction Store food.I hope thats o.k for them. Well they have nibbled on a piece of shrimp still in its exo and I really have tried to give them fresh but no they are picky. I've had them for 2 years so I guess it's o.k. Again nice job on the tank.

6. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

That's where I was planning to get mine from :) They have a drop off point near me. :sunny:

7. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

:think: Maybe if you like the idea you can split the crabs into 2 10g tanks like what I did. 10 Gallon Tank is $13.89 at Wal-Mart :idunno:

8. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Nice tank! :rockz:

9. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

How do you order the cages at Glasscages.com?
    Do you have to email them for more info?

10. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

@CoolDoggy10- I currently only have 3 crabs... haha. More to come, but for right now I just want a big tank for them to romp in. :)
    @Donny- Yes, email or phone to get more info. They're very good at replying to emails quickly, and they're very nice! :) Although, you may have to drive kind of far to pick up a glass tank- I may have to drive up to an hour away, and pick it up at a truck stop.... Sounds weird, I know, but I'm bringing my big bad dad and the only other options are to drive to Kentucky (WAAAAAYYY too far away) or buy a tank from petco for twice the price, without a lid.

The tank I'm trying to convince my parents to help me pick up comes to a grand total of $166: $98 for a 65 gal, $28 for a glass hinged lid, and $40 for shipping to the pick up point.

I really need to do some smooth talking to get my dad to drive all the way to Mt. Jackson.... Maybe some flowers? :kissflowers: :flower:

11. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

:sad5:So I can't get to the drop off point... 50 minutes is just too far and it will take the entire day by the time it's over, and my parents just won't do it. :sad5:

However... I found a 50 gallon at petsmart for $139, and NO DRIVING! :) It comes with a hood and everything!

If I get a desert UTH, it would cover a very small portion of the tank bottom. Should I get another heat emitter, and if so, what would the wattage be that I would need for a 50 gal tank? 150 is my guess.

Would a desert UTH be a good choice? I currently have a tropical UTH and it does NOTHING.

I need to figure this out really soon, because I need to finalize my Christmas list. :) *so spoiled*
    :hermzpoo:

12. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hey, why not look on craigslist? That $130 55 galon tank can turn into a $60 75 gallon tank! And, you could find someon just 10 or 15 minutes away! I use it all the time and have never had any problems with creepy people etc. You can also look at second hand stores and church sales. There is an annual sale where I live and I found 4 tank (yep, you bet I bought them all ::) ) and they were only a couple dollars each. I got a 20 high for $5. And, a 6 gallon brand new aquarium with hood, light and built in filter for $2. You'd be amazed at how much you can save by buying something that was used just a few weeks. And, you can find brand new stuff too. You can also look on Kijiji and Freecycle. craigslist has a free section that I often find this on too.

Good Luck

13. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

It's pretty much set for the petsmart pickup. :) All's cool.

My box of christmas presents from Petsmart came in the mail yesterday... Christmas is only 9 days away!! (not counting today because there's less than an hour left in the day.

:D I'm thrilled! That calls for a DANCE PARTY!! :shmama: :banana: :kellie: :hula: :amie2: :elephant: :hareiam: :chocbunny: :eek:nhead: :monkey: :teddy01: :hermiefun2: :dancebear: :partyhat4: :blob1: :froggz2: :band2: :rockon: :dancin: :wav: :toothy12: :dance: :katertater: :party: :spunky:
    .. the monkey isn't really dancing, but it's so cute I decided to include it!
    And, on top of all that, the semester is OVER and I have finished ALL my finals! I feel really good about my Developmental Psych test and my Ethics test. The professor offered extra credit for ethics for the very first time in the semester, so I'm hoping I can average an A and keep my 4.0 GPA. So much stress has just been *lifted* off my shoulders! But... now what do I do all day? :( School's the only way I get out of the house, and the only thing I have to do... *sigh* The end of the semester is always bittersweet. :sad5: I always miss the socialization...

Guess the forums will have to do!! :) :dork2:

Smiley overload! I'm just so emotional, I'm trying to convey my feelings :sarcastic:

How are you guys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.