1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by kathleen, Jul 20, 2006.

1. kathleen

kathleen Guest

I am amazed at how much there is to read on this site!  It will take me quite a while to check it out.
    Just wanted to say hello, and do the new member intro.  My name is Kathleen.  I am 41 years old.  I live near Chicago with my husband and 2 kids.  I have been keeping hermit crabs for a few years.  I found out about Addiction through Epicurians. What seems to be the busiest topics or forums here?  I am just looking for a place to start.  I ordered some of Vickis yummy crab foods.  Cant wait to gt them, and try them in the tank.  I get all excited when the UPS man drives through the neighborhood.  lol 

kathleen

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yeah you made it!!!  :partyhat4: :partyhat4:  Hmm Maybe general and FAQ section to get going. They have a bit of everything in there.
    My UPS guy knows me by first name, we talk about our kids LOL

3. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

wow vicki, how much stuff do you order?? lol!
    welcome, kathleen, good luck reading everything, there's a lot of it to do!!

4. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

WELCOME!  :partyhat4: We're almost neighbors...I live in Nebraska.  It IS overwhelming to visit a new site...there's a lot to read but none of us pinch to hard.  :laughing7:  Come on in and make yourself comfortable!

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

when I first got the store up and running it was ALOT!! Now it's maybe 1 time a month

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Welcome Kathleen  :banana:

7. Sialea

Sialea Guest

Welcome and hello fellow neighbor!  :hello:  I too am from the Chicago area.  I also order a LOT from Vickis store.  I dont have a UPS guy but the mail man must think I'm strange. This site is very helpful and full of great crabby people.

8. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena Guest

Welcome!  It is nice to have someone w/ your experience join us.  What are your crabs names?

9. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Hey, another chicagoan!  Thanks for the welcome everyone.  I hevent gotten my food yet, I just ordered, but I will let yoiu know how it goes over when it gets here.  I dont name crabs anymore, its too hard with so many.  But our first ones all had names.  Big Pete is our only real jumbo.  Everest and K2 were serious climbers.  We have a bunch of tiny manic Es that my daughter named after the Weasleys from the Harry Potter books, because their antics reminded her of Fred and George.  lol  There is Cookie,  Crabzilla, Cherry, Louie and Lola.  A group of larger Es named Screwball, Nutball, Oddball, and Eyeball.  THats all I can remember right now.  lol

10. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena Guest

Everest and K2 are very imaginative names!