1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow Petco!!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Pamela_C, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

Okay, I have been going to Petsmart (really close by) and their set up is ok...not the best...but, okay. They have eco earth, hideys, temp/humidity gages, food bowl and water (only one type, not sure which one).

Went to another Petsmart, I walked out disgusted. They had eco earth (you could see the bottom of the tank), one hidey, and one empty bowl (no water) with a mouldy sponge in it. Ugh

Today I went to Petco (a little distance from me...OMG You could barely find the crabs due to all the substrate (EE) and hideys. Large water dishes of both kind of water. There were three small tanks just for the PP's, so no over crowding. Then they had a large tank maybe 50 gal just for the Straws same great conditions only much deeper bowls for them. I was surprised! I could see the gagues both at exactly 80. I guess I'm getting my crabs there from now on.

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Wow that's awesome!!! :D That's definitely the best pet store I heard of!

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

WOW!!! I'm shocked, the conditions of the hermies at that Petco are perfect!!!

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh those are SOOOOO rare to find!!!! THey are AWESWOME!!! THis pet store sounds GREAT!!!! ALl the ones near me are pretty darn crummy and locally owned but the guy who owns it is a creep so I'm pretty scared of him.:eek:

5. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

Yeah there were at leat 6 Straws. I wanted one, but since I'm new at this I figued I best wait until I get comfortable with the ones I have first.

6. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Wow. And they actually separated the species. That's amazing.

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yeah they need to be kep in seperate tank, much larger than PP tank and constant 80s in temp and humidity.

8. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I've seen empty tanks labeled "strawberry hermit crabs" but never seen crabs in one. I don't think I'd even consider getting straws until I could give them a proper setup - one that never deviates from 80/80, with a crazy tannin-rich diet so, like one of the crabbers at HCP, they won't lose coloration even after 10+ years of captivity, and at least a 40g breeder tank for just them. They need so much more room, and are much harder to take care of...so I'll just admire them from afar for now. Maybe in like...10 years or so I'll consider it.

9. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

yeah emmac I'm with you. Just like, we have our freshwater aquarium going and have some of the fish are 6 years old but, I don't think I could handle Saltwater just yet.

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I LOVE strawberry hermies!!! I wish my Petco had them. . . I also wish my Petco had as good crabitats as yours does!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.