1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would this work?

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by lovelylivelycrabs, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

I think I saw someone did this on here and I wanted to know if it would work (sorry if I stole your idea- I can't for the life of me remember who it was!!:eek:)

Anyway, here's the basic idea: two tanks lined up end to end, and then a third aquarium upside down on top between the two and a vine over the wall into the other aquarium so the crabs can climb to the other tank.

I'll attach a diagram. :)

[​IMG]

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Well From what i can see... ya it work.. Just maybe a little hard to mantain the top
    i would put moss or someting in the top part and add more plants to the top too.
    Over all Nice job.

3. lovelylivelycrabs

Thanks! :) Yeah, I was thinking moss too. And it would be too hard to mess with the top part very often, that's why I wouldn't put any food or water up there. :)

I think it would be really cool if I put plants in the top! Also, do you think I should plan for another hermie hut on the other side of the top level? I think it would be awesome if I could rig some kind of waterfall or bubble pit, but I don't know how hard it is to do and how expensive the components are... :confused:

4. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

I would focus on getting one tank set up as close to perfect as possible. There are a few people (on this forum even) that tried this very thing. They all seemed to have issues with humidty, heating, and lighting. The crabs didn't migrate as well as they thought they would - staying in one tank that had the more ideal conditions.

5. lovelylivelycrabs

Ah, I getcha. Maybe just a bigger tank would be better then. This one was just so much fun to draw though :).... It would probably end up being less expensive with just one tank... the humidity and temp issues would be easier to manage too.

Ah well, the idea was fun while it lasted :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.