1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooooo Hoooooo!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by *Kathy*, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Yesterday, I saved a freshly molted Indo baby from Petco. He/she had JUST molted, and most of the exo was still intact. When I saw him yesterday, he looked like he was missing ALL of this limbs, other than the BP, which was stuck out at a weird angle. :( Of course I had to bring him home....couldn't just leave him there so soft & vulnerable, right?

I figured if he was going to die, he would do so in the peace of my warm and moist ISO tank....not in a tankfully of hungry pet store crabs.

So tonight, while I was on the phone with wickenannabella, I saw the most wonderful site! I noticed that he had at least two limbs on his left side. Those, coupled with the BP I already knew he had, spelled "survival"!!! I was SOOOOOO excited!!! So, when I was sprinkling some powdered cuttlebone mixed with spirulina onto his exo, I decided to sneek a picture....and guess what??? He actually has TWO walking legs on his RIGHT side, too! That means that the most he could be missing is either 1 walking leg or the feeder pincher. Either way, that spells wonderful news! :dancin:

So now, the poor baby Indo that I thought sure only had a BP left with no other limbs, and death was almost certain, may indeed survive! He is definately eating his cuttlebone & exo, so that is a good sign as well!

Here he is in his repti-moss nest that I made for him:
    [img width=300 height=246]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7316/zz022607017lg8.jpg[/img]

And here is the quick picture I snapped of his BP. You can see his left walking legs tucked back into the shell:
    [img width=300 height=249]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8334/zz022607019dk3.jpg[/img]

Okay.....now I must settle on a name for him, as he doesn't have one yet. I already have a Miracle & a Victory, so I can't use those. I have no idea if this is a male or female, so I am looking for a "neutral" name. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Great news! :partyhat4: How about Survivor?

3. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Oh! You mean the FIRST Indo, right? Well, he is doing just fine so far. He has dug his own little crater to sit in. I don't think he can really dig down completely, so he thinks he is well-hidden. What a miracle it would be if BOTH Indos were to survive!

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

That is a reason to shout YEEE HAWW!! :teddy01:

5. justanoob

justanoob Guest

Wow that is great news :dancin:good luck with both of them :Good-Luck:

6. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Good luck! All I can find around here anymore is PP's at Petco and PetSmart and E's at a smaller store (The fish bowl). Maybe I need to make a trip to FL to visit Martin and Jennifer so you can take me crabby shopping. :rubhands:

7. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Sounds like a plan! We could even head out to Mt. Dora where CrabbagePatch is! :dance2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.