1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

woohoo! Shell change!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by littleredcrabby, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheldon finally changed out of that horrible painted shell. I grabbed it while he wasn't looking and trashed it! His color is also different so I think he may have molted!

Before:
    [img width=300 height=199]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/466/myhermies012gw5.jpg[/img]

After:
    [img width=300 height=198]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/7355/myhermies415qr7.jpg[/img]

Ain't he purdy?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Oh so much better!!!!!!! Congrats!

3. crabbycrazy2

crabbycrazy2 "Second Molt, A Success"

Way to Go, Sheldon!!!! :woohoo: :dance: :katertater:

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Oh YES a stunning shell change I love those :flower:

5. I guess Sheldon didn't like that shell because he switched again! I get so excited about shell changes because I don't see many :spunky: Here he is sporting his new look...
    I did thumbnails so you could click on them and see them better.

[​IMG]

I love his eyes in this pic
    [​IMG]

Here is a thumbnail of his first pic. Do anyone think he looks like he molted???? This would be my first molt and I am unsure of what he would look like afterward. His color seems almost more orangy than before.

[​IMG]

6. crabbycrazy2

crabbycrazy2 "Second Molt, A Success"

congrats!!!! It does look like he's a little diff. in color. There is one thing I noticed over the years from my previous crabs, when they were newly molted, they all had those black tips on the bottom of their legs. Sometimes, when you buy them in the store they have some on some of their legs but not all of them. Some crabs look like they have none. But when they molt their usually all present again. I don't know what the name for that is, anyone else know? Hope this helps ya! :party:

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Ohhh, Sheldon looked great in the first choice, but then again, any shell is better than a painted one! Look at his toenails or tips of his legs, if they are needle sharp then he molted for you.

8. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

I like the smooth fox shells, too, so I approve of his first choice. :flower: BUT, he still looks adorable in the second one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.