1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willing to adopt in Northern NY

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by Crimson_Moon16, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Moon16

Crimson_Moon16 Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm hoping to adopt some hermies to keep Kermit company of any size or breed. Your hermie will come to a loving home if you choose to let me adopt your hermie. I just recently adopted a hermie from a Clarkson University student in September(Kermit) and he is happy as can be and healthy. I have an undercage heater that keeps him plenty warm with good humidity, NJ sand substrate, both salt and fresh water available with a real sponge in the fresh water dish, the tank is cleaned on a weekly basis, two types of food always available, plenty of extra shells, toys and lots of love to spare! You can ship or drop him/her off or if you are within close range, i may be able to come pick him/her up. I live in Madrid, NY(if anyone knows where that is! ^^) and i am very responsible. email me if you would like at Crimson_Moon16@hotmail.com or pm me here if you are interested. ^^ if not, i hope your hermie finds a good home either way! ^^:D:):cool:

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Sounds like your are in a cubby hole on the map like I am. Lots of people get to Texas, but not usually this far south. Corpus is one of those cities you have to have as an intentional destination...it's no on the way to anywhere...except Mexico and that's if you make a detour:D

3. Crimson_Moon16

yeah it sucks but is cool at the same time. i have lived in the country side for most of my life and wouldn't have it anyother way. i actually originally came from Monterey Bay,CA and have lived in almost all the continental US states in the SW, Mid-west, and several in the NE.(inc. where i am now ^^) but Chicago was more than enough for me. I love the quiet peacefulness of the countryside and how everyone knows everyone...except sometimes that can be bad but if you are in a fix, everyone pulls together to help you where i live! ^^ Know what i mean?

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Been there done that! I lived just outside Philadelphia for a year and then moved to a small town where most everyone has lived there thier whole lives. We cherished the homey, small town atmosphere!
    I'm now back home in the med size city where I grew up. I love it here! Except when it's hot and I miss the mild east coast.:eek:

5. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

about breeding.hermit crabs can only breed in the wild.

6. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

When the OP said "breed", I think that was referring to the species of hermit crab. :)

7. Crimson_Moon16

yeah, i kinda was referring to just i don't care what kind of breed they are, but thanks for the tidbit of info! ^^ interesting...i never knew that too.....how do the pet shops get them then?

8. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

They're brought in from all over. The place where I get most of my crabs gets theres from California, and I live just outside of Toronto Canada.

9. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Hermit crabs breeding in captivity is being researched.

hermit crab life cycle

Tammy is working on this with the help of a University of Central Florida professor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.