1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willing to adopt in, Ky, IN

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by scottjan, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottjan

scottjan "Never Molted"

I am willing to adopt in Ky and Indiana. Due to my husband travels we can easily pick up.
    Thank you!

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Here is a link I found on craigslist. I'm not sure of you specific area though.
    Hermit crabs

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I know Craig's List has on occasions Hermit Crab listings, but I feel it's nice to be able to post on the forums too.
    Many times crabs are gotten on a whim, and soon lack of interest and participation cause them to no longer be wanted.
    Sometimes circumstances force one to re-home their little ones.

It's nice we have the Adoption Forum here, that way people can put up for adoption/adopt in peace of mind knowing that members will take good care of the hermies. :)

4. cococrisp

Yes. They are better taken care of here but I still think that the crabs there deserve a loving home just as much. If you have the choice, you would want ones here though.
    Good Luck.

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Unfortunately with the summer and beach time coming, we're probably going to see a whole lot of crabs advertised on there. At least hopefully they will put them up for adoption and not leave them to die. :(

6. cococrisp

Oh. Those again.:rolleyes: Poor guys. Hopefully they will not be released on the beach. That would make some business out of the sellers. The crab would be crawling all over the place and someone will be selling them for $3. But that would be really bad for the crabs especially if it's not their native habitat.

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I can never find a hermit crab on craigslist! I type it in and only two things come up!

8. scottjan

scottjan "Never Molted"

You know I never even thought to look on craigslist.:rolleyes: I will take a peek on there from time to time now. I have taken in a couple crabs in the past where people got them on a whim for their kids. Then a week later realized the kids were not feeding them nor were the parents who got them for the kids and wanted to get rid of them.
    I just got another tank :D and I have been slowly setting it up so im in a postion to take a few in.

9. cococrisp

Cool. How big is it?

10. scottjan

scottjan "Never Molted"

It is a 25gallon. My mother inlaw had fish for years and about 6 months ago the last fish died. She didnt want anymore fish so she put it in storage until a few weeks ago my hubby said something to her about me looking into getting a new tank. She told him to just come get the one she had in storage.
    So I was more than happy to take it off her hands :D! I might be nuts but I find it relaxing to sit and watch the crabs and enjoy the beauty of habitat.

11. cococrisp

I do too. That's cool that you got a new tank. I just got a ton of new cholla logs for my new 120 gallon tank and I set them up. They are all leaning on eah other and it looks really cool. I'll post pictures when it's ready. Are you adopting those crabs? Are they near you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.