1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will trade small/medium for really small

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by SpiffWilkie, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiffWilkie

SpiffWilkie Hi, I'm New Here!

I just got some small and medium shells from thecrabbagepatch but need some smaller shells for my marine crabs (I have six in my tank at the moment). If anyone has some they want to trade, I don't really care what kind of shells they are, just as long as they're ~1/4 to 1/2 (a little smaller is o.k. too).
    If you're interested I can send some pictures for you to see if your interested.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

what kind of shells did you actually get? and what sizes do you have for shell opening? I had oodles of smaller shells - tell me more info

3. SpiffWilkie

Here are some pictures of the shells that I have (I'm not too familiar with the different types).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The loose ones are 1/2" to 3/4" and the packaged ones are 3/4" to 1".
    I need pretty much anything smaller than 1/2"
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Where are you in the US? I would like some of those turbos- what kind are you needing- these are for Marine crabs? I have too many shells if they prefer a certain kind I can take pics also and post--:D thanks

5. SpiffWilkie

I don't really care what kind of shells I get. My biggest crab is in a turbo shell right now (which is very confusing because it's the same size and color as my real, live turbo...:D) and the rest of my crabs are in cerith shells.
    I really have no need for any of these shells, so if you'd like I can just send you everything that was in the picture and then you can send me some of your smaller ones you don't want/need. If I'm going to send a couple, I might as well toss in everything since I won't ever need them.

6. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

I have TONS of tiny shells. Any detail on exactlly what size you need? I'm not exactly sure how to send you a pic of them on here it would probably be easier to do through email.
    meg

7. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

I have some small shells that are the size your looking for. I have 11 of them.:cool:

8. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I will PM you! THANKS:D

9. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I really like those shells! I can't find anything like that where I live. It's either the white spotted shells (beige spots) or painted shells. Thats IT. And it's $10 for 2 spotted shells, I find that steep.
    Does anyone live around me by any chance that might know somewhere with neat shells? I live in Oshawa, Ontario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.