1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wholesale shells

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Ally, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Ok, i'm not normally a big fan of tonna shells, but I couldn't pass up this price: $8.99 for 40! The shell openings range from 7/8" to 1-1/4", approximately. Like it says in their ad, these are natural, non-perfect shells. A couple of mine even have barnacles on them! Very kewl. Out of the 40, only 6 had holes of any kind in them, and of those, only 1 is really unusable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5319698956&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I also ordered 100 land snail shells from them for $9.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4838&item=5321127515&tc=photo

I figured even if they're not MY favorite types of shells, I should have some variety in stock for those hard-to-house hermies...and I won't feel guilty about spending $20 on 140 shells, that's for sure.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Wooo! Your crabs are going to love you [​IMG] Look at all of those choices. I bet someone moves into them. I put a murex haustellum in the tank the other day (after I modified it by breaking off the long part) and my small straw snapped it right up!

I have some tonnas too-maybe my big girl (PP) would like one of those? She can't seem to make up her mind lately. Picks the pink murex and decides she doesn't like it then puts on the large tapestry turbo and then back to the murex again. I can tell she is unsettled with her shell choices-which is nuts because there are an unbelievable amount of different shells from turbos to land snails to murex to extra large naticas to thais haemastomas. The only thing not in there is a tonna. Who the heck knows, maybe she will like it. She seems to be looking for some lighter choices. All my turbos seem too heavy for her even though they are appropriately sized (opening wise) for her.

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Geesh! Sorry for the multiple threads. I kept getting messages that they weren't posting, and none of them were showing, then the entire site went down for me. If an admin would please delete the other threads, I would appreciate it.

I didn't have that many shells in these sizes...and the ones I do have are pretty much all turbos, so I figured I should give them a try. Unfortunately, I also bought one really large banded one for Zeus, but I don't think he's going to need it now.

It was one like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4838&item=6517582110&tc=photo

4. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Wow!!! That was great!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.