1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will I learn to say no..... please help

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by tori_n_mom, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tori_n_mom

tori_n_mom "Never Molted"

So my daughters teacher asked me if I would do treats for the thanksgiving party. I say sure no problem thinking that shouldnt be to hard.

Then I try to find treats I can make. Was going to go with the old stand by of cupcakes... had to scratch that. They don't allow cupcakes toooo much grinding into the carpet..lol and no red drinks either..lol. (Janitor threatened to take out their new carpet.)

I have found these cute little pilgrim hats to make but need more. I am at a loss. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, if anyone has any ideas, or some websites
    that I might find some good recipes that would be great.

I am also going to try to do some little treat type bags with some goodies in them.

I and my kindergartner thank you sooooooooo much

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

3. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

How about pies? You could make teeny apple or pumpkin pies ...

Or even thanskgiving themed cookies ...

4. ema

O O O! Or a sweet bread ...

*Pulls out all her old Better Homes & Gardens and All*You magazines*

5. LilHermieOnes

LilHermieOnes "Third Molt, A Success"

How about cookies? You can make cookies with the halloween colored m&m's in them. I've never had to do this for a class, as I homeschool my daughter, but we have been to many functions and had to take food for a crowd :sunny:

These are cute~ http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=36651

This place has some good ideas~ http://www.brightideas.com/

Have you ever made a dirt cake? Its an easy recipe and you don't even have to bake it! I have made many with all sorts of extras put in it just for fun...The 'dirt' is ground up Oreo cookies! The rest of it is vanilla pudding, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip, butter...It looks like dirt with the oreos layered on, so you can put gummie worms, those little sweet tart bones shaped candies, and other spooky looking candies in it...its really cute and very yummy! :hula: If your interested, let me know and I'll give you the recipe :kissflowers:

6. LilHermieOnes

Did you decide on what you are going to make? :sunny:

7. LilHermieOnes

Oh, geez! I've been giving you halloween links for a Thanksgiving party :shuffle: I'm sorry :sad5: I've been having a rough time at home lately

8. tori_n_mom

tori_n_mom "Never Molted"

I still havent decided on what all to make.. I think I am gonna try to hit a couple party stores and see what I can find for little grab bags for the kids. But the treats are still giving me a fit. I am gonna talk to the teacher on Monday and see if she can give me a couple of ideas as well.

But by all means, if ya have any more ideas please please add them.

Thanks to all that have added already

9. ema

If you decide on cookies I have an AWESOME recipe for pudding cookies. They stay chewy ... Or you could go with the ever popular no bake cookies ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.