1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should I start worrying?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by dgh_1984, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgh_1984

dgh_1984 (Micro Crab)

I posted in another post about one of my crabs disappearing and I am wondering when should I start worrying if it dosn't resurface? This is awful, but I have a suspicion that my nephew could have done something with it.:eek:

2. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

Crabs can be buried for months. I would not dig for it cuz digging up a crab can be very stressful to it. I believe sometimes they will bury if they are handled too much they really don't love to be picked up. Good luck to you. I heard of a crab that lived in a ladies home for MANY years not in any tank. She left a bowl of water and food for it and she would see it every once in a while. If your crab is out of the tank in Texas it will probebly make it, just listen at night for "crab sounds".

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Tell your nephew...if he is old enough to understand, that you will pay him a dollar if he finds your hermit crab (outside the tank) Things have a strange way of turning-up when money is involved:rolleyes:

4. dgh_1984

dgh_1984 (Micro Crab)

It is really bad that I have to think my nephew stole one of my crabs, but he is the type that is cruel to animals. Every time I get a new pet he says he wants one, but his mom won't let him have one since none of them can take care of animals. I just don't see any signs that it is burried somewhere in the sand. I said something to him about one of my crabs dieing and one dissapearing and I got a really bad vibe about his response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.