1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheeeew! Talk about a RESCUE!!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by *Kathy*, Dec 6, 2006.

1. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Last night, I met a hermie member from another site at the Petco in Tampa. We were investingating the hermie tanks, when I first ran across a newly molted large PP. I held him out of the tank, expecting to take him home, rather than leave him in with the danger of the other big guys.

Then we both were attacking the tank with the small crabs in it. I found a pair of twin micro rugs, which I had to have! (Pictures below) But THEN, I moved a piece of driftwood to see a freshly molted micro PP running naked as other crabs were feasting on his exo!  He must just have molted yesterday, he was so pink & still soft! The other crabby lover & I kicked into high gear....I scooped him up & put him into one of the Petco boxes. We then quickly rifled through the tank to find tiny empty micro shells & gave him 4 little shells. He immediately dressed himself in a tiny pica shell.

She agreed to take the large molter, and I came home with "Streaker", who is in the ISO tank. I salvaged his remaining exo, and also gave him Hope's exo (my surface molter that passed), and also some powdered cuttlebone. I checked on him a little while ago, and he was happily munching on some exo, and snapped quickly back into his shell when he saw me.....which are both very good signs!  I really think this little trooper has a chance at making it! Of course, I don't have pictures yet of Streaker, but will post some just as soon as he hardens & is out & about.

Oh yeah, and for the anti-climax....Meet the twins! Two tiny ruggies that are a brownish/blackish/grayish color. The only two ways to tell them apart, is that one has a white rear walking leg, and one does not, & one has white on his BP & the other does not.....

[img=300x255]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/0120406002.jpg[/img]

Gingerbread~
    [img=300x243]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/0120406006.jpg[/img]

Nutmeg~
    [img=300x250]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/0120406014.jpg[/img]

2. veltish

veltish Guest

Wow :cheesygrin: up to 71!! what a number!!! :tongue3:

3. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

they are CUTE!!!!!

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

she is insane veltish - at this rate she will have a 100 by January--she steals all the cute crabs  :think: tsk tsk just not fair  :blowheart:

5. veltish

veltish Guest

yeah... i guess so...hehe

back away from the crabs crazy lady!! :pffftt:

6. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Nice photos!  I am glad that the 2 of you took the molters home. 

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Good job! I'm happy there are people out there who actually care about these animals! Congrats :petals: