1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats NEW everyone?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by ashleigh, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Hi everyone whats up?</span><span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I just wanted to know how is everyone?????</span>
    <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">How your pets are?</span>
    <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">what ever your up too?</span>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ashleigh

school, netball scrapbooking and my pets. <span class="ev_code_RED">and homework and more homework and more homework and more homework </span>
    <span class="ev_code_BLUE">fun</span>
    <span class="ev_code_BROWN">not</span>

3. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I've been very busy, since I'm changing project teams at work. My new project will be called "Flying Fish" ... how cool is that? But before I can move, I need to finish some work for my current project and train my replacement. I'm excited, because I will be doing more interesting work on the new project, but also sad, because I like my teammates and will have to move to a different floor in the building, so I won't see them as often.

My husband's mom came to visit last weekend, and we went to the downtown aquarium and the zoo. At the aquarium, I got to hold a marine hermit crab! Ashleigh, I saw axolotls, too -- you don't see them very often around here. I got some great pictures that I'll try to post soon. I also got some new crabs about three weeks ago ... eight Cavs and two Es! I will try to post pics of some of them soon too.

Tonight I added a new climbing vine with purple flowers and some fish netting to my crabitiat. I had to throw my old vine away because it had some wire in it to make it bendable and it was starting to rust in places. [​IMG] The new vine has plastic links, so that won't happen again.

4. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I've been spending more quality time with my mom lately. On Saturday we went down to San Diego for the day and it was pretty fun.[​IMG]

The crabbies are doing fine. One of the new ones that was buried for over a month came up on Mother's Day weekend. I was so happy to find him walking around the ISO with a new shell on. He's adjusting to the main tank just fine.[​IMG] The other guy is still buried though. I hope he comes up soon!

School's going pretty good. On June 1st the 7th and 8th graders are having portfolio day and we have to go over our writing with members of the community, so I'm pretty nervous.
    But the day after that, I'm going on a field trip to Six Flags!! Honestly, I hate rollercoasters, but it's better to be there than to be at (a nearly deserted) school or at home.[​IMG]

5. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

life's been pretty much the same for me latley.For my birthday on the 16th i got what i've been wanting, a guitar! i still cant play it [​IMG] the internet isn't very good at giving guitar lessons =). Today we went to a big flea market and i bought me and my brother each an air soft gun. then when we got home he shot me in the neck with it. It was pretty fun.
    On wednesday the eighth graders get to go to a baseball game, YAY! not really, i hate baseball games.oh well. then on friday the eighth graders get to go to michigan adventures. i'm so excited, i love roller coasters!
    then after school on friday from 9:00 - 11:00 pm is the eighth grade formal. this is gonna be fun for me cause i never dress up, so me and my friends are gonna have some fun! i cant wait!

6. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Whaddya expect ... the internet has no HANDS!

Sorry, that was lame, but I couldn't resist.

It sounds like things are going well for everyone. Maybe we'll all have a little more free time now that it's almost summer. Except I guess not for you, Ashleigh, you've got winter now ... sorry!

7. ashleigh

I got my guitar last year for my 13 but still haven't lessons yet [​IMG] too bussy [​IMG]

8. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

We've been busy busy busy at my house. Daughter has piano recitals, competitions, festivals etc. 6 year old wants to do soccer. 15 year old wants to do football. My work is insanly busy. I work on my computer at home. School is almost out. Yipee. And the kids just got two baby bunnies. (Told the kids to ask Dad---was sure he'd say no) Well he didn't. I have a year old lab who is crazy. [​IMG] A cat, a bird, six crabs, two goldfish, and now bunnies. So we're busy. But that's what keeps us alive!

9. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Everyone discussing school besides Ashleigh: How long does it take you guys to get out??? High school seniors get out May 17 here, middle school on the 25th, and elementary on the 26th. Are they that cruel in other states?

10. ashleigh

how many times a year do u have holidays and how many weeks? [​IMG]
    Cause in Australia we have 6 weeks off for Christmas, 2 for Easter, 2 in June, and 2 in October so all up we have 12 weeks of [​IMG]f a year. 3 week and Iam on hoildays [​IMG] and my crabbies and I are going down the Coast to see my Nan& pop

11. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

My holidays aren't nearly as long as Ashleigh's. The longest one is our two week winter vacation. And we don't get out til June 16th. So, to answer your question Becca, yes, they are that cruel in some states.-_-
    I'm going to throw myself a little party when school's out.[​IMG] hehe

12. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

ya, way up here our school doesn't get out till the 6th. I guess thats cause we used up all our snow days [​IMG]

13. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

We have a few built in snow days we never use, so school is actually longer than it should be. We get two and a halfish weeks for Christmas/New Years, 2 days for Easter, 1 week for spring break, 2 days for Thanksgiving, plus a little less than one teacher inservice day a month.

I did have a thought though...when do you guys start? We start in the middle of August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.