1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's in a name...

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Mckenny, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi guys... a great big WELCOME to all those transplants from HCRU! We're happy you're here! :katertater:

So, what's in a name......how did you come up with yours?
    Well, mine is Mckenny / Jellybean. Yep, it's all the same ME.

Mckenny...
    I had a white dog that was part Beagle and part Maltese. He looked just like a Maltese (white, long hair, etc.), except for the fact that he was longer like a Beagle and when he barked he sounded like one too. He was 17 when he died.

Jellybean...
    He is my small parrot called a Quaker Parrot. He is all green with gray on top of his head, and a gray chin and tummy. He is a great talker and extremely intelligent. In fact, he's a better watch dog than my two "couch potato's". When he sounds an alarm they come running and barking...they haven't a clue what they're barking at, but if Jellybean says there something out in the yard, they know he's always right!

I am a widow and I teach Preschool and have a son who is in the Army's 82nd Airborne, presently stationed in Iraq. I live in Maryland about an hour and a half from Ocean City.

I also have two cats and a kitten (who I recently rescued)---like I need another animal. Oh, and 26 hermies in a 75 gallon tank and a 55 gallon tropical fish tank. I like animals---can you tell? :chuckle:

But that's it---no more---no way! Although there was this cute hermie I saw...... :bat:...nah, better behave myself. :chuckle:

2. imported_deedeeiam

imported_deedeeiam Hi, I'm New Here!

I am Deedee. That was a hard one, right? :yes2:

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Mine is from a messed up airline ticket from 13 years ago. It's been vckums on the internet ever since.

4. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

My name is Kristen but Cloie comes from a beautiful white cat I had named Cloie we had to give her away right before my son was born 12 years ago because she kept sleeping IN his crib. I still see her she is old but still beautiful!
    74 is the year I was born...I know..i'm old lol

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

My name is Emma and back in high school/middle school I used to put my middle initial (C) on everything. 350 is an old address I had once upon a time.

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Not old! I got 4 years on ya LOL

7. emmac350

Hey - at least you're on facebook, though, Vicki - now you can say you're not THAT old. I mean, you're on facebook. :) Then again, my dad's on facebook, and he married my mom in 75, so maybe you ARE that old even if you are on facebook...

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

LOL My mind doesnt feel old, but body parts do at times.....Sigh. Late 20's would be a great age to go back to.

9. emmac350

Go for early 20s - I'm in the mids and I am starting to feel it just a bit. :( I've started taking glucosamine to try to counteract the joints...

10. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

Lord Rhal comes from the Sword of Truth series.. which I finished not too long ago.. all 11 books. Personally it is the best series I`ve ever read, at least so far. My name`s Timothy and I`m 24 living in Montreal,Quebec.

:troll:

11. Mckenny

Oh you guys....boo hoo hoo. I graduated from High School the year you were born Vicki. (I can hear everyone's fingers calculating) chuckle.

So peeps, that makes me "older than dirt"! :biglaugh:

12. katertater

katertater "Preparing For Second Molt"

my name is Kate.... Katertater was a nickname given to me in highschool.. but it never really caught on. ;)

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

LOL silly Jelly!

14. StLCrab

StLCrab (Micro Crab)

I'm from St. Louis (StL) and the crab part...well it seemed appropriate. I was born in the '70's too. Hooray for '70's babies! :party:

15. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

This is shocking, but the reason I chose the name is because I get called it often. Don't ask me why.....@ _ @

16. Mckenny

:eek:mg: :whaaaat: You're Right!! It IS shocking...Gasp!! :hilarious:

Sorry Donny...I couldn't resist. :chuckle:

17. imported_peach

imported_peach "First Molt, A Success"

Hi I'm peach from HCRU and the other HCA i should say. I'm peach cause it's one of my crabs names and I think it's cute *waves like she is slightly insane* hi :couch:

18. bonechickchris@aol.com

bonechickchris@aol.com "Preparing For First Molt"

OK! I know I probably have one of those interesting names! LOL!

I am a musician, and a woman/girl. I play a lot with wedding bands, from Frank Sinatra to Rock music, sometimes we even attempt rap! LOL!
    Anyway, I am a trombone player, actually BASS Trombone. There are not a lot of chick trombone muscians out there. :hula:
    PLaying in these bands, a lot of the times, I am the only girl in the band out of a bunch of guys, however, it is very fun besides making the $$$$.

Anyway, by being the only woman in the band, it would draw a lot of attention to me. THe guys started calling me the "bone chick", hence, the woman that plays the trombone. So, "bonechickchris" has been my name eversince.

I do get A LOT of weirdness when it comes to my name! LOL! BUt I do not want to say the crazy things people have referred my name to :zipit:

So, that is my name! I am a musician just incase you thought something else! :chuckle:

19. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

Well on HCRU I had my real name. So, I decided to change it with the move. Sekhmet was a pwerful Egyption Godess :hail: I think of myself as a very strong woman, so it seemed to fit. :katertater:

20. Mckenny

It's really neat to hear how everyone has come up with their names. :sunny:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.