1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what type of moss is good for holding humity???

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by jeswwjd23, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

i'm having trouble keeping humity at a good level, was wondering what type of moss is safe for the hermit crabs but also good for holding moister in the tank?

2. justine

justine "Never Molted"

I have used a product called Hiawatha moss in my tank with no problems. I fooud it at the craft store, and it is all natural, no dyes.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

any moss that is free of dyes and chemicals--I use walmart moss its called naturals moss--ESU sells moss as does T-Rex and a few others--those are the safest as you know they are specifically for reptiles

4. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I use reptimoss, otherwise known as spagnum moss. I have it in shower caddies purchased from Target. The spagnum moss pits I spray with salt water because sometimes insects are included. This increases my humidity plus my crabs love to eat the moss. It does no harm and provides them with necessary sea salt. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.