1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to use to set up my shells

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by LordRhal, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

Heya guys,
    so I'm slowly setting up my 80g and I am wondering what I could use to put my shells in. I don't want them on the ground because I have some small shells that will easily get buried and I don't want them full of earth. For you guys with a lot of crabs, what do you all use? I wanted to get baskets like jelly but can't find any, what would you recommend? I'm going to have about 40-50 shells of various size to give you an approx. number.

On another note, I'm not sure what to use as a top. I have a long hood lamp that goes from one side of my tank to the other that uses two 40w bulbs, but I still have room in the front portion of the top. I haven't been able to find a hood that doesn't come with a lamp and I don't want to use plexiglass, an suggestions? Those are my two problems for the tank.

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

2. n00b

n00b "Preparing For First Molt"

VERS-A-TOP makes some really nice glass tops. I bet one big enough for your tank would not be cheap though. I bought one for my 29gal for about $22 at my local pet store.

Edit: You may want to type it several different ways if you're shopping online for one. (versatop, versa-top, etc.) I had a heck of a time shopping for mine, until I realized there was one here in town. :icon_tongue:

3. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

You could get a few cheap cocohuts(If you do it yourself it will be really cheap!) or some flower pots, and place the shells inside.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Shallow bowls, abalone shell, tupperware, shower caddies....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.