1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What species is this one?..plus my other newbies part1

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by shmama, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmama

shmama Guest

I am not sure but I may have found one Viola at Petco. (I always carry my species tips paper with me, but I can't find now.) I DID find another single Ruggie & some adorable tiny PPs & a single sweet med/lrg Straw I named RUBY! Now Chaos who just molted, moved to 50G & changed into a turbo Racer shell has another straw his own size to play with since Xander is down molting in the 20g long along with Hana. After those two are done it will be deep clean & tank switching time for some of the larger PP's from the 50 & the 10g tanks. Below are (click to enlarge) the first batch of pix...

A small possible VIOLA named Max in some curious kind of bumpy shell , one small Ruggie I named Gulliver, 2 tiny PPs in picas that I named Hemp & Fae:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:headscratch: ...I put in some frog & tulip shells that look like the right size for Max just in case, but there are plenty of other types in there too. I thought he was a PP when I found him with two of his leg tips chewed off, but once I got him ready & in the tank, I thought he looked different & I have never seen that kind of shell before. That's why I wanted to ask you guys that are better at identifying them. I know the pix aren't the best, but I will get more once he shows back up. Thanks in advance for any help offered. :flower:

2. shmama

shmama Guest

Re: What species is this one?..plus my other newbies part2

:straw:
    Ruby ran right over Chaos who seemed pretty interested before that happened. :biglaugh: The first one is of Zamboni & Chaos around the big choya wood, that's my largest & my smallest straw but there are 8 more in between them now that are on the larger size too. I LOVE thier very unique personalities! The rest of the photos are in reverse order than they should be :booboo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

it's really hard to tell but Max's coloring sort of looks like an E i think.

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

He looks like a PP to me--Violas are very distinctive--I am assuming its the first pic?????????

5. shmama

shmama Guest

Thanx Chrispy & Hermez :) He's the one in the lower batch of pix, 1st & 2nd photo alone & then he's in 3 others with the PP's & 1 ruggie in the drying bowl after the intro. bath. I have been watching the tank like a hawk, & haven't seen him, but as soon as I do, I will get him out to take some better photos. I know he's not an "E" & I thought he was a PP at first; Just not sure. He is very shy & my camera is getting a bit quirky. He is cute & seems to have a sweet personality. The shell he's in is pretty different. It is Great for camoflauge though (looks like an unattractive rock). He has darker eyes than any of my other PPs, a Purplish body with legs fading into an orange, but his antennae don't look right for a Viola or Cav. He is only about the size of a nickel. If he is a PP, he's just a really cool looking one. I hope he does o.k. in the smaller tank til I get the 20g long redone. Please check back when I get some better pix of him on here. :twirl:

6. shmama

shmama Guest

:rubhands:...HA! I got him. He is such a sweet little thing. Even though he avoided letting me get good ones of his BP, I got a few really cute ones. He tends to lean due to 2 missing leg tips on the one side. I'm still not sure he's a PP, although the pincher looks like one, but his antennae are kind of blue to orange like his body. What do you think??? :think:
    (You can Click to Enlarge each one.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

He is a PP! WITH the BIGGEST eyes I have ever seen :eek:mg: that makes him super adorable!!!!!!!

8. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Wow! I second HERMEZ comments about Max's eyes! And I have a very light PP crab like that too. The peach/tan/light blue PPs are very pretty in my opinion. And they are hard to find. Most PPs start to turn red/purple as they get larger. But a few retain that light coloring and its not related to insufficient diet because when you feed them well, they absolutely glow! I think HERMEZ has a few uniquely colored PPs like that.

VEry pretty crabby! :)

9. shmama

shmama Guest

:thanks: I love him too :airkiss:

10. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

i ususally don't like PPs all that much but he's adorable with those great big eyes. i have one with light coloring like that but not nearly as cute. too bad Max got so beat up though; looks like someone's been chewing on his legs, poor guy.

11. shmama

shmama Guest

Thanks for the nice comments every1 :)
    I lost poor little max a few days ago. He was a cutie & very friendly for a PP. My husband got me another small & adorable Ruggie that I named Gulliver, but I still miss little Max. :'(

12. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

WOW! Awesome PP!!! CONGRATS!!! :straw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.