1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do?????????

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by hermitlove, Dec 22, 2009.

1. hermitlove

hermitlove "First Molt, A Success"

Hi Everyone I am new here and i was wondering if i could have some help please!!!

i have 3 hermit crab there names are lilly sparkle and phoebie i have had them for nearly a year now
    i was wondering because for xmas we have presents for all of my pets well we went to the pet store and bought a hermit crab salt lick for xmas but i was also going to buy but i didnt a little contanier of he...rmit crab cookies well i was going until i saw the price tag it was $9,00 what should i do make my own hermit crab food that i have done in the pass or buy them a treat i am just worried that if they dont like it i have waisted my money i hope someone can help me!!!
    thanks

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Here is a link to The Hermit Crab Addiction Store! http://www.hermitcrabaddictionstore.com/ Please check it out!

3. imported_peach

imported_peach "First Molt, A Success"

well the crab food from just looking at the name is commercial food which isn't good for crabs, I actually use 2 kinds of bird food, and freeze dried crickets, and other fresh, safe foods. and I've never heard of a hermit crab salt lick. anyways I wouldn't buy the  hermit crab cookies

4. hermitlove

Thanks everyone
    yer i think the cookies are commercail and there really expensive to so i will be making there xmas present by hand
    umm the salt lick i dont really think its called that but its for hermit crabs for them to be healthy so it has all the nuterints they need to stay healthy
    sorry i keep on asking for help but dose anyone have a recipe for food for hermit crabs at the moment they are eating oats and dried fruits they really enjoy there dried banana tho

thanks so much everyone for your help

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

If you click HOME,  and scroll down and click NUTRITION, there is a wealth of info there as to the foods you can feed your crabs.  It doesn't have to be freeze dried, but,  fresh food that can mold or spoil should be removed the next morning.  :flower:

6. hermitlove

thanks so much for everyones help i dont know hwta i would do without u guys
    thanks
    p.s my hermis are really happy with your help