1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is my crab doing

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by koolaid, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koolaid

koolaid Hi, I'm New Here!

My one crab keeps burying itself for about 2-3 hours. It never stays buried for longer, I'm not sure if it wants to molt but doesnt have the right conditions or it just likes digging?
    Thank you.

2. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

he's more then likely just digging. I have on like that. I have two that never dig unless they're molting, and the one that digs all the time so I don't even know what to think even if he stays burried for a few days.

3. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

My little Robby is like that, constantly digging! He stays burried most of the day, then comes out at night to wreak havoc on the rest of the tank.

4. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yup. I got me one like that. The worst part is the little bugger taught a few of his tankmates to dig too. I put him in another tank but unfortunately he must of been a good teacher, b/c they're still diggin'!

Then there's Bwana. During the first 4 months we had him he was always topside. Then he went down for what I thought was his 1st molt. But he was back up a week later. A few days after that he went down for about 3 days, then came up again. Right now he's down again and I'm getting dizzy!

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

In the beginning, none of our crabs were digging or burying themselves. Then one of the smalle crabs started doing it, then another. We cleaned out the tank and made the substrate deeper and now they ALL bury themselves. I have one crab that we hardly ever see anymore. Every once in a while, he borrows close to the glass and makes a little window. They really like my log cave. I bought another hiding hut because I read somewhere that if you have enough places to hide on the surface, they will not bury themselves so much during the day....hasn't worked so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.