1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What hermies to buy?!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by BrittBritt, Jun 25, 2012.

1. BrittBritt

BrittBritt Hi, I'm New Here!

As of right now I have 2 hermit crabs. One is fairly large and the other is very tiny. They are both purple pinchers. I am looking at getting possibly 3 more, but I am not sure which ones would be best to go with what I have. Any suggestions would be great!
    :thanks:

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

PPs and e's are the easiest to care for. Their care can range in heat,humidity,food. Straw's and other exotics are harder to care for.

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I agree with Trixie on this. My straw, blue and 1 E died 1 each month for the past 3 months. My PPs I've had for almost 2 years no problems at all and I've had 1 of my E's for 6 months (gotten with the other 3) and he seems to be doing just fine. IF you have the money to maintain the perfect climate for the exotics then you can go for them but I would stay with the more commons.

4. BrittBritt

BrittBritt Hi, I'm New Here!

Thank you so much!
    I had no idea that the others were more sensitive. I will stick with PP's for now until my budget can afford for the super nice stuff.
    :rockz: