1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by shelbers91, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelbers91

shelbers91 "Preparing For First Molt"

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

No. I used to have that food, but never used it. It has preservatives and is toxic to hermit crabs. I only know one commercial food that is safe. It's some kind of banana fruit treat, and Buddy loves it! :)

3. shelbers91

Do you know of any sandy like food that is good? And what is the name of your banana food treat? Thanks for your help!

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'd need to see the ingredients first. I think T-Rex makes some dried bananas and dried coconut. But, it's much less expensive to buy it at a grocery store. They should have a variety of dried fruits and sometimes even veggies and Vicki has them too. You can also buy your own dehydrator on ebay for about $20 and dry meat, fruits, whatever. I have a bulk food section in my grocery store and I bought tons of seeds and nut and dumped them in a big bucket and mixed them all together and sometimes give them that.

5. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

I wouldn't buy any bottled food. Go to the grocery store and get some trail mix, you have a nice variety of fruits and seeds and nuts in there, mine love it. I have two huge ziplocs of frozen chicken and turkey bones with a little meat still on them. I just take a piece out, microwave, break bone for marrow access and voila. So when you family makes chicken, keep it =)
    Or you can just get stuff off the addiction store, you know it's all good on there and pretty cheap.

6. shelbers91

I gots dried mini fruit bites for them that i get in my Parrot seed It's all the best i can get! I just take out the vitamin pellets and they get white millets, red millets, canary seed, safflower seed, pumpkin seed, hulled oats, buckwheat seeds 1 sunflower seed each crabitat, bits of shredded peanut, dried greens, bits of rasins, dried papaya, dried pinnaples and dried noodles and stuff along with warmed frozen carrots, peas, corn, and carrots and whatevers freshly available. I just wanted something sanylike, but i can always just powder my cuttlebone lol

Also i want to buy a "Can i have a taste" but i dont know how much shipping would be. Does anyone know?

7. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

The foods you're offering don't include any calcium or protein. You can offer eggshells after your family uses the egg (microwave for a few seconds, then just put them in the tank) or, since you have a parrot, you should have a cuttlebone that your crabs can have a piece of. For protein, ask your mom to cut off a piece of what you're having for dinner (chicken, beef, pork, etc.) and microwave it for the crabs. If you don't offer enough protein (meat) and calcium, your crabs will get aggressive and will fight.

8. shelbers91

Oh oops, I know, i stated about the cuttlebone, but forgot to state about the meat. They had pork last night. Wonder what will be for tonight lol

9. shelbers91

Then they had fish, then chicken now back to pork. but i got them like7 different lettuces too now, though i cant wait untill spring so i can get more fruits! ^^

10. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

On vicki's products, shipping is usually $8.00 but it gets to you in only like 2 days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.