1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?HELP

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by ashleigh, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

I've just heared from a friend the pet shop where AJ came from has more hermies.Should I buy some? I would like to save them but...then I would be supporting the shop which I don't want to do.
    What do I do???? [​IMG]

2. hermitcrab

hermitcrab Hi, I'm New Here!

well if i could i would save them. are you saying the shop does not take care of them if that is so then you should talk to someone about the hermitcrabs bad condition and what they could do about it.

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

ashleigh,
    This is a tough question to answer since most crabbers face making this same decision at least once in their crabbing career.

I think hermitcrab gave some good advice. The best thing you can do is try to educate the stores that are selling them. If you are a person that possesses good public relation skills, you can do this quite effectively without offending the store personnel and management. It is best to approach a situation like this with the attitude that you are "concerned about the stores hermies and would like to offer your help". You can refer them to this site and print out care sheets for them to read.

I have rescued some crabs from a store with truly deplorable conditions and thankfully 2 of the 3 are still with me 10 months later. It really is a personal choice what you decide to do. Sometimes you just can't walk away...and you may find that it is one of the most rewarding things that you do [​IMG]

4. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

you shoudl give them caresheets and if that doesn't work,complain to the manager.Do whatever you could to get them to stop.

I went to the mall and saw this terrible hermit crab cage.I didn't save the crab because they wanted $8 and that would definately keep them in business:

"Soem pet stores have NO common sense!Like crab island in the Viewmont Mall.The poor hermit crab had this tiny shell on,all the shells were over sized,and the crab may have been stuck in it!It was probably going to die.No lid.I don't even know if they and food or water!No caresheets there,no gauges.I think they had a sponge.I picked the crab up.I almost started to cry.All the crabs were piled up on each other except for a few.There was no room for all of them.It was about 2x bigger than my AQUARIUM and there were,I'd say umm... about 60 crabs there.I have an aquarium(10 gal.).If I get another large,I'll need a bigger cagee!The cage at the mall wasn't an aquarium,either.And I think they were $8!I hate that hermit crab store!They sold these little cages to keep them in. |:-<"

posted earlier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.