1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by imported_CrabHappy, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_CrabHappy

imported_CrabHappy "Never Molted"

This weekend (so far, hehehe), I found myself in one of those cleanin' moods where you just HAVE to throw out everything. So began my room re-organization. I ended up getting extremely angry with a super heavy desk that's almost as tall as me. Given, I'm a modest 5 foot nothin', TOPS and this thing weighed almost more than I do. Ended up going Hulkamania on it and tossing the thing, happily, to the driveway for someone to take it.

So my room's super clean and organized now, I love it! I even took a couple hours to deep clean all of my collected 'tat supplies (some bought, some given to me by good friends, so I wanted to make sure that all of them got boiled and scrubbed with one of those heavy duty nail brushes) and tossed a few things.

Yay for productivity! :rockon:

What's goin' on crabbers? :woohoo:

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

since i sleep in the recliner chair and the hubby hunts i listened to him tromp by me about 20x's at 4:30 a.m. and rattle in the kitchen before i said REALLY! Can you be a little noisier? then he left. i went to work at the library from 9-12 at noon got pork chop sand already cooked from the lions club, took a snooze, wsent to macomb with my sis in law, bought me hair bands so my sis in law doesn't have do my hair all the time. got home, sat in the chair slept for a bit, fixed supper, got that velveeta cheeseburger new thing, gross! ya know where the guy is telling the woman to smite the food? it is spicey and to cheesey. then took my shower, took my pain pills, slept a bit, ate an apple, now watching t.v.
    sunday my plans will be having a date with the washer

3. imported_CrabHappy

Sounds like you had a busy day too, Scoobdoo! Ooh looks like we'll be having a double date with the washer. :sad5:

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Yours sounds about as eventful as mine.
    My weekends start on thursday afternoon.
    Thursday my boyfriend and I had a friend and his girlfriend over for awhile
    and while they were doing stuff, we reorganized our room.
    It took both my boyfriend and our friend to move the crab tank lol.

Then Friday as soon as we got up, we headed 1 1/2hrs north to stay at a friends since she wanted us to meet her family.
    From there, we had a lovely home cooked dinner of chicken, potato, corn, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce.
    Then spent about 3hrs after that at her aunts. Then after no sleep since 4 of us crammed on a full size bed that night.

Today, my boyfriend, friend and his gf went to our friends house where I'm at now.

Then today we're going back to where we live and driving 45mins down to my boyfriends parents
    where we'll spend my birthday and getting the car fixed (his dad is a mechanic).
    Then Monday we'll finally head back home to pump out essays and clean up the apartment that we know will be messy
    even though we cleaned the place Thursday night :aargh:
    Loooong weekend as usual. I'd love a weekend where we have nobody over and don't have to go anywhere :BangHead:

5. imported_CrabHappy

Sounds like you've had a super busy weekend! I agree with you, though! Visiting friends and family is absolutely great, but sometimes it's nice to have down time where you can just be lazy. I'm a workaholic myself. Between classes, extra curriculars, study sessions twice a week, meetings, events, and volunteer work, I always have a jam packed schedule. It's gotten so bad that I actually feel guilty about NOT doing something.

So today, I'll be having that date with the washer & I'll also be cleaning up the living room, dining room, kitchen, & bathroom. Maybe then I'll let myself hang out. :hermez2:

6. scoobdoo

mine didn't go the way i thought, i did throw a load in, but found myself taking a trip the E.R.! not me! the sis in law and i took the father in law he shut is finger in a truck bed at work, he broke it and ripped the finger nail off! can we say ouch!

7. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Dang scoobdoo! you/your family seem to have bad luck out there and that sounds incredibly painful!

I just got home from my friends about 20mins ago. Today I have to cram in laundry (At the laundromat) a trip to the boyfriends parents, an art project, a paper over a movie, 3 homework assignments for my computer class, see if I can't get a photo in for the contest since I've been so busy lately, clean the bedroom and bathroom, then finally try to find relaxation time.

You should try to take some time to relax crab XD I like to keep myself busy too but I get burnt out from spending too much time involving other people. I remember when I was trying to cram a bunch of stuff my first 3yrs of high school. Community service was a requirement for our graduation so I had no choice but to give up my study halls and some of my art class time. I tried extra curriculars but they came back to bite me in the rear with the people in charge. I ended up dropping everything to be able to get home early enough to clean the house and start dinner but in college I don't even have time for that anymore since everyone is like nomnomnom on my time.

The friends I've been hanging out with I'll be seeing a lot more come January since we'll be getting an apartment together so it's not like they needa be around us so often now
    :hilarious: I think they're crazy for wanting to live with me and all my pets

8. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

my weekend started with my girlfriend and I buying two ferrets and their cage and exceseries. but since i work on weekends my weekend starts today after i get out of work. pick up my friend who is going to cut my hair, have a smoke maybe drink some wine and watch the ferrets run around in circles.

9. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

My weekend was the same as a few lately. And the reason why I have not been on the forum lately.
    My husband and I was building a chicken coop with a 16ft. run. I finally got 4 Buff Orpington hens. They are the best and such a golden color . They are very pretty. They have one of the best temperments that chickens have and are very feminine and sweet.
    They can withstand cold temps. so I wont have to put a heat lamp in the coop. Besides it doesnt get below zero at night very often at all.The down side is that they can get up to 8 to 10 pounds. So I think my husband and I will have to do some adding on the coop next year but for now they will huddle together in their coop for the winter (its not that small).
    I let them free range in my fenced backyard for 2hrs. before sun down. When it starts to get dark they walk up to their coop for the night by themselves. Very easy to care for.
    No names yet... Any idea's?

10. imported_CrabHappy

Roadrunner. :hilarious:

11. scoobdoo

many years ago we tried to raise chickens, cause the hubby's family grew up poor and raised them and did the garden and all that stuff, me pure city gal here! well we were finding chickens with no heads! They were in a pen, had shelter, it was secure, but finding their bod by the fence with no head? yep, coons were popping the heads off! Then the phobia of the eggs came, I can't eat eggs that come straight from a chicken's butt to a carton from you to me... I have to get them from a store or I can not eat them, I get queasy sick just at the thought of eating them. the garden was a flop to, he planted one and the city flushed the hydrants and it washed it out, I cursed them out, they just smiled and laughed it off. they all know each other, made me even madder! tried again but darryl didn't do anything with it so just over grew and fed the wild anmals.
    we tried rabbits to but I kept wanting to keep them for pets, then when I herad one scream before he killed one, I told him no more, get rid of them, I can't listen to that and then eat it I don't care how poor we are, we can find a way to feed ourselves with out popping off the animals and it cost more to keep them until you do anyway.. so we got rid of them all! next was deer, he still deer hunts, he lets our oldest use the meat for dehydrating, the oldest also hunts to he eats it up makes alot of things with deer meat, I can't stand it, it smells tastes yucky, give me the plain ole cow!

12. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Awww! That's so awesome trixie, I wish I owned chickens! Congrats on your new babies :hermez2: Keep us posted.

A bun bun screaming before it's killed?! Oh my God, I would of freaked out! I don't blame you scoobdoo for getting rid of them.

13. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I love deer! My husband hunts every year and looks forward to it for months. I can't stand deer burger though. But roast,grilled back strap, fried back strap, summer sausage...Um'um.

14. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Weekend before last I went to Petsmart to get some supplies, while there I walked by the birds and there was a just weaned jenday conure that was soooo charming. It kept reaching for me, playing with me, even lying down on the bottom of the cage to let me pet its belly.

I couldn't walk away. While I was playing, my husband found a book on jendays and was reading that these birds pick you, not the other way around!

Well when we finally left I came straight home and look them up to see how to care for them (I've never had a bird).

Then this past weekend we went back to the store and he was still there, but I think he was tired, not playing quite as much, but was playing. I want this bird so badly but its just one thing.....money, or lack of it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Debbie

15. scoobdoo

well so far this week i have done :rubhands: nothing! try to sleep, take pain pills, do things one handed, leaves me somewhat a little :shhhh: at times! need to remember when something falls to just let it go, do't reach for it! my boss bought me a pumpkin roll for my day that the amish made. today i just blew about 50 smackers on my crabs. food from here, and 3 shells from the hermit crab patch with ship and handle was 35$.. now i'm watching mindless soap t.v. need to sweep the floors, just took a walk to the bank, got my scentsy on, the house smells like cookies. need to take a shower, that takes a lot of effort! try one haned shower, and if you have really long hair comb that baby out and get dressed one handed! it's exhausting.. i think i will just stink :hahahaha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.