1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thankful for this holiday season?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by kuplakrabs, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Since turkey day is tomorrow, I thought we could all share with each other the things we feel most thankful for.

I'm thankful for each day I open my eyes and see the faces of my incredible children and husband. I'm thankful for each breath my body draws and each thought and feeling that I have. I'm thankful for this old body and all of the wrinkles on my face-they each tell a story about my life.

I'm thankful for the gift of time, reflection, happiness, sadness, guilt, love, hate, foresight, hindsight, and every other emotion that we can feel. For who we are is formed by our ability to experience these feelings.

I'm thankful to have spent the past two years reconnecting with my Uncle who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer two weeks ago. I will miss him greatly this holiday season.

I'm thankful that my sister's first set of tables were accepted by her committee today. She is currently working toward earning her PhD. Her course work is finished so now she must complete her dissertation.

I'm thankful for family. Without them (as crazy as we make each other sometimes) I would be very lonely.

I'm thankful for friends-especially hermie friends. Because even though we may not have actually met and we may have different views about many things, there is a unique and common bond that we all share. We have all found each other because we are connected.

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Peace.

2. MyCrabsr2kool

MyCrabsr2kool Hi, I'm New Here!

Most of what you said I'm thankful too, My family husband children,grandson. I'm thanful that I got a husband that is one of the kindness person in the world,who takes me for who i am, and don't try to change me!
    I'm thankful for my to great children(who does get on my nevers so oftern but where would i be with out them?) Very lonley!
    I'm thankful for my 2 step-kids that Love me like(almost) there real mom.My step daught that gave me my first grandson (Ilove Him very much)
    I'm thankful that my mother-in-law is still with us this thankgiving!( three years of fighting cancer). She really took a big part of my life when my mom died.
    I just wish that my mom was here to be with me on this thanksgiving she's been gone now for 7 years but we were best friends and to this day is still think of her every day. for Some reason this year is hard on me. Why I don't know????? I guess I've been thinking of us baking and doing all the family things??
    But I know that God gives to us and He taken from us.
    GOD BLESS EVEYONE THIS HOIDAY SEASON. HAVE A JOYFULL ONE AND REMEMBER ALL THAT WE HAVE TO BE THANKFULL FOR!
    Linda

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I am thankful:
    for my family and friends

for the roof over my head

for my dog and hermies [​IMG]

that I never having to worry about where my next meal is coming from,although I do take that for granted sometimes

for always having someone there to encourage me and say "I'm here for you".

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!![​IMG]
    ~Cristina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.