1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing this weekend? Thread

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by emmac350, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Don't do it Peach! NOOoooooo...... Well, I guess its up to you, really.

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Um...the point of this thread is what you're doing this weekend.

Let's see...I'm doing a consultation with a friend who sells Mary Kay - she'll be giving me a facial and makeover. That's tonight, then tomorrow afternoon is a baby shower, then who knows what?

3. Donny (TMNT)

WHOOPS! Sorry for getting off subject there. I usually bum around on weekends.

4. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Well, I had to go to school.
    ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eeeek: :eeeek: :tuna:

5. Donny (TMNT)

I guess that's kind of like the anti-holiday for you, eh?

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

This weekend I will probably be doing house stuff and restocking the store. Trying to think of something for the kids to do to keep out of my hair.

7. Donny (TMNT)

Well, istead of trying to get them out of your hair, you could put them to good use and let them help around the store or something like that. That's what I would do.

8. emmac350

Yes, but as a kid, wouldn't you rebel against doing something like that? I'd want to go play with my toys or something like that. Heck, I'd want to go play with my computer if you asked me to do that now. :p

9. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Right now, I'm trying to think of a way to get my pig to shut up in the morning.That's my weekend plan. She wakes up at about 6:00 when my alarm goes off and if it's a weekend, I go back to sleep, but Rosie just squeals for food.

10. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I get up at six, anyway! I'm not a late sleeper. :yes2:

11. cococrisp

Not on the weekends!  :eek:mg:

12. emmac350

It's actually better for your body if you don't change up your sleep schedule on the weekends. If you keep a consistent bedtime and wakeup time, you'll be more awake all day and you'll be less tired when you wake up. Besides, if you get too much sleep you can actually be sleepier than if you'd gotten less (the average "good" amount being around 8 hours per night).

I wake up on my own on the weekends somewhere between 7 and 8 in the morning. That's much later than I get up some weeks, though. Waking up at 3:30 in the morning to get ready for work in time isn't fun, but I love my job so it's worth it.

Can't you just feed her then go back to sleep after you did that? I doubt whether she'll learn that two days every week are "later" wakeup days. It takes ages for babies to sleep in...I remember waking up at 6 or 7 as a kid (3-4 years old) and being ready for the day to begin. My poor mother...

13. cococrisp

We usually do but she's beggining to learn that when she squeals she gets what she wants. Also, once she's up, she's up and that means that her "I need love and attention" button gets turned on. It isn't good when this button gets turned on at at 5:00 in the morning.  :biglaugh: At least not for my brother who always sleeps in especially late on weekends. Soon she'll have run of the house even at night but in case she chews a wire or something.... It's better to have her supervised.  Oh well, this weekend, I will be doing something random that I think up when the weekend starts.

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

I can put on a movie and my oldest will help with the store stuff while we watch, but he's sloooooooooooooow at it. LOL I can do about 6 things to his 1. But it's still help. The other two like to help for about 5 minutes, then it's over.

15. Donny (TMNT)

Ha! I guess your kids aren't very "enthusiastic" about helping out with the store!
    Is it hard managing stuff?

16. highflyer

highflyer Hi, I'm New Here!

This weekend is a lot of cleaning and restocking the pantry and that kind of thing. I've been so busy with work lately that a lot of things around here have suffered. My roommates chores have as well. So it's all about getting a lot of things done!

17. emmac350

Working on another baby quilt today, haha. Having some friends over later tonight for burgers, then homework tomorrow. :(