1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Back to the Forums, HERMEZ!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Hermies4Ever, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

:full:

2. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Its good to see Hermez back! I can never see the poop in Shelly's cage, since the eco Earth melts it down to make more. But its disturbing when it gets in her water dish. So I think hermits crabs know PERFECTLY well what a "toilet" is.
    :hilarious: Not fun to clean out. Hermez is right, hermit crab poop isn't as gross as most thing's, its like snail poop.

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

True, true. And hermit crabs don't necessarily know the purpose or definition of a toilet. I think they just poop where they please, and they don't really care, or pay attention to things such as that. But that is just my opinion.

4. Donny (TMNT)

I know, I know...but doesn't it feel like they do stuff like this on purpose?:)
    I know the reason why Shelly does, she just loves the water. When she's not in her water dish, she's sleeping.

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes. It does seem like they do it on purpose, doesn't it? Right when you fix a nice meal, or a fresh bowl of clean water, your hermits sprinkle little poos everywhere! It is very frustrating and annoying, sometimes!

6. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Actually you're not far off Donny...the EE acts like a sort of compost pile, incorporating the poop into the soil after a while.

I have a hermit crab (may be more) that likes to clean his shell out in the water dish. He'll sit there and get water in his shell, and then he'll wiggle his shell back and forth until it's cleaned out.

I've seen others do the same thing on the EE, the shell wiggles and Voila! :hermzpoo:

I thought I saw a hermie pee one time, but I'm sure it was my imagination...would be cool though. :flower:

7. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Don't hermit crabs urinate from their antennae? I dare say I have never seen a hermit pee, yet, but I hope to one day. Because sure would be cool!

8. Donny (TMNT)

I've nver seen a crab..."go", but I've heard that they urinate themselves when they don't get enough salt water.

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I've never heard that theory before, but it might be true. I've never seen a hermit crab go to the bathroom, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.