1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wee Willy !

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by RFcrabs, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

My property manager came over to tell me she thought she had something I would like. I thought it was a plant...Vicki says it could be a crab....well I call my property manager back leave a message asking if it was plant or animal...she calls back says there was a plastic container left on the kitchen counter in a place the people skipped from and she thinks it has a crab in it...well there is no water, nothing but a broken piece of aquarium plant, and the sand was actually SAW DUST! Poor thing could have been there as long as the 1st... Well this is a teeny crab. An E, and adorable (not that you can tell from my pic)...and I was sooo wanting crabs...the plastic container that I thought was a critter keeper, was actually a glad bowl! BAD people... the first (pretty blurry pic is me trying to show you how small he is compared to a dime...and the second he came out (it is a he) on my sons hand...he is currently gobbling a defrosted blueberry and sitting in a pile of moss (that he has also been eating) poor thing and he fell into the the salt water dish lol...but I could not take a pic because I left my camera in the living room! More pics will come... I have set up an ISO for him with pop caps full of waters (no more mishaps), a moon glow and just a pile of moss and semi damp FB. There is no lid for my 2.5 gal, but I put one of my glass cutting boards on top (to keep the cat out).

[img width=300 height=225]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/smlatell/WeeWilly001.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/smlatell/WeeWilly006.jpg[/img]

This one shows you (sort of, sorry I shook) his teeny claw...beside dime)

[img width=300 height=225]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/smlatell/WeeWilly003.jpg[/img]

this time round I took lousy pics but I was distracted...isn't he cute!

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ahhhh an E!!! Yeah!!! Congrats chickie.....he's adorable...

3. absolutely adorable!!! :love10: Where can I get one??? lol :tongue3:

4. CrabE

CrabE Guest

That is SO cute!!! I absolutly love him! Thank goodness you saved him! (Those bad people!) Well, good luck! :cya:

5. crystyle

crystyle Guest

Ooh, he's cute. I'm glad he made his way to you. I'm not sure what the name of those shells are, but I love them. That's the kind of shell Uni is in and my new little PP is in one of those too.

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OMG that is one cuuuuuuuuute crab--I know you will take expert care :icon_thumleft:. Stupid previous owners :BangHead:

7. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

Gosh I guess it would help if I selected "be notified of replies" sorry people! Thanks...yes I am so happy I got him! I was mooning over how everyone else was getting new crabbies, and not me. I have been holding out for different species! He seems to be doing okay for now. He spent most of the day in the moss, found him in the salt water cap when I came home (was worried as he was right in it), but he scootered out as soon as I got close enough to cast a shadow! Had to lock him in my room as my silly cat wanted to "babysit" him...inside the tank (imagine a cat trying to get into a 2.5 gallon tank)! As for his shell, I am not sure what the correct species name is, but I think the common name is Tigerstripe moonshell...anyone who knows for sure is welcome to correct me! I think I have it written down somewhere, just can't find it! I put in some coconut, some nori and some crushed brineshrimp with a bit of sunflower petals. So far he hasn't eaten tonight, but I am keeping him under close observation! Oh it is so nice to have a little "baby" again!

8. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

He is adorable RF, he really is. That is so sad those people left him there like that. I know you've been wanting new crabs, I've seen some of your posts about not being able to drive and being jealous of everyone's new additions. See? You don't always have to go out, sometimes they come to you. Good luck and congrats and a WAY cute little guy.

Can I babysit him for you?????? :angel4:

9. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

While I pout most of the time that all my crabby friends live so far away...Chris this is NOT one of them! :icon_smile:

10. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

{GASP} What EVER do you mean? If you were implying that I would even THINK of absconding with your new little fella, well, I never.

I'm playing hon. He's a cutie and I'd never take him, honest. {wink}

11. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

LOL...I know just couldn't resist covering my vulnerablilities :nike:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.