1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webcam streaming ??????:??

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by jissxc, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jissxc

jissxc (Micro Crab)

just a question would it be possible to start webcam streaming of crabitats on this site so we can see other pplz crabitats 24/7 and to get an idea of the things that happen

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

There is a social group called Crabby-tatta-tat-tat. It was created by NitaRocks! and you can chat about your crabitats on it.

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Streaming video uses an extreme amount of bandwidth. I am sure this site hasa limit and that is the reason you have to have you pictures hosted on a site like photobucket. A Forum like this just does not have enough bandwidth for that, awesome idea though, i have been thinking about setting up a Crabby cam since we got our cabs but cant find a host cheap enough to put it out there.

4. jissxc

jissxc (Micro Crab)

u could use piczo

5. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Can you stream from Piczo? I think you can only upload vids, not watch life I could be wrong can you post a link?

6. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yeeah, I always wanted to do that since I watched this vid:
    YouTube - What do hermit crabs do at night?
    but it only works with computers with webcams attached to them. To the people with laptops that have webcams, you could probably do this! Look at the description. It says it takes a picture every 10 seconds, that's why it looks sped up. Unfortunately, I'm not that good with that kind of stuff so I can't do it :p

P.S. At around 1:08, look at the end of the half-log. After a few seconds, it looks like one crab buries itself!

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's a great idea! I wish it would work. It would be so much fun spying on my hermies and then showing all of you! Lol! :D And OneOnion, I LOVE that video!!!

8. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

oh that video is so, cool. I would love to set something like this up. 'cause I swear my crabbies don't do anything lol. I would love to see that they do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.