1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We lost Jaws today. :-(

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by DecAbbersMama, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

Jaws had dropped a leg the other day and was generally lethargic since. I have had him in ISO and last night he came out to eat and drink. I have been keeping an eye on him on and off all day, and just a couple minutes ago I saw him out of his shell more then he has been as of late. I sniffed, and smell of death :-(. I picked him up and his body fell out of the shell onto the sand.

I have a feeling it was probably from PPS :-( Poor baby, I barely got to know him. RIP baby.

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Yep that sure sounds like PPS, poor little guy, sorry for your loss, sometimes nothing we do can help them, sometimes by the time we get them it is already too late, at least he had a nice comfy place to live out his last few days :)

3. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I did the best I could for him even only for a couple months. I didn't have the knowledge when I got him that I have now.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Poor guy. It's Ok. I tmight even be good that you kept him like the pet store so that he could get use to your house and then move him into better conditions. At least he died with a very nice home. I'm sorry.:(

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm so sorry. :( It's always extra sad if you hardly got to know them. You are a great owner, and did the best you could. Now Jaws is in Hermie Heaven exploring the beaches.

6. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

I'm sorry that jaws died and he was probally suffering PPS. My 3-3 cabs died of PPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.