1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

I'm pretty excited by a new addition I made to my tank a couple weeks ago...a waterfall!!! :)
    I took bought a deep granite dish that I pushed into the sand so the top is just a bit above the surface of the sand. I boiled a cup or two of larger "gravel" stones (natural) to add the dish (to prevent my smaller crabs from drowning and make sure they all could easily get out). I used plastic "fake" rocks called "Lok Rocks" to build the rock structure for the water to flow over. To create the actual waterfall part...I took apart a small Duetto submersible filter (removed the bottom half that had the filter parts) and placed it behind the rock structure.
    I had to turn the flow guage down a bit to prevent so much splattering of water outside of the dish, but now it's flowing great!
    It took me a while to rig it up so that it works well, but now that I've gotten it I'm pretty excited!! :D
    Aside from looking pretty and sounding soothing, it seems to help keep the humidity up as well. It also provides my crabs with a nice deep dish of fresh water if they want to submerse.
    Again, I'm sure it's something that I like more than the crabs do, but oh well!!!

2. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Sounds great! Can we see a pic??:)

3. sami

sami "Never Molted"

I agree:) I'd also love to see some pics. It sounds complicated to set up lol

4. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

I'm technologically behind and don't have a digital camera right now which is why there are no pics posted. I'm in the market for one, just haven't been able to make up my mind...lol. I'll get some pics posted soon.

And no, it wasn't really all that complicated to set up, once I figured out how I wanted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.