1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walmart

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by MoribundMaverick, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoribundMaverick

MoribundMaverick (Small Crab)

So I went to my local walmart the other day, just to look around. They have been remodeling the store and moving things to different places, so I wondered around for a while to get a feel of the new store. I finally ended up back in the pet department, looking at that wall of fish tanks with all the fish in them. Imagine my horror to find almost every single one of the fish dead! The few that were alive were eating the dead fish. Something that people (especially little kids) should NOT have to see! This many fish should not be dead! I turned around and to my relief, the batas were still alive. Then I walked over to the sink to find that no, the batas weren't alive. All the dead ones had just been placed in the sink!
    They have Fiddler crabs there (which I will NOT buy because they keep them in Fresh water when they cannot live for long without brakish), and the fiddler crabs were all torn to pieces!! I couldn't believe this!
    Do any of you guys know any way to raise a big stink over this? I have seen these conditions in the past and no matter how much I complain they just ignore me.... any ideas? I am sick and tired of the way Walmart treats their fish!!

2. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Contact their corporate office. Make sure you site the store location. How sad for all those fish. :(

3. Lukems

Lukems "First Molt In Progress"

WizKids Right, you Need To Find Someone FAST!
    I Honestly Think That Is Ridiculus For that Many fish Have To Suffer!:mad:

4. MoribundMaverick

Hmm I think I will do that. Right now.

5. MoribundMaverick

So I called... they lady said that she would "Get the information forwarded to the appropriate place"
    Idk if it will do any good. I guess I will go look in about a week and check it out.

6. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

I know...every time I go to Wal Mart I go to look at the fish and they're in HORRIBLE conditions. The few bettas that are alive barely have any water in their cups! I add water to the cups that need it. I sware, some cups have an inch of water in them and the bettas can't even move! And the water is filthy, obviously. It's just repulsive to go back there. I feel like rescuing all of the fish when I go to Wal Mart. It's so sad...

7. psychicXXspies

psychicXXspies "Never Molted"

When I was younger, my mom bought me and my sister two fish from Wal-Mart. They died before we left the store. :[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.