1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wal-Mart--ICKY!!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by jengstro, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

I went to my local Wal-Mart yesterday and I ran through the pet section to get dog and cat food and I noticed that the had hermit crabs, how pitiful it was. The poor babies were in little cups with only gravel in them, no food or water, I almost bought them all, but I figured they would just order more. I didn't have the time to talk to anyone about it but I am moving to a larger 35 gallon octagon tank, and am going to offer them my 10 gallon all set up if they promise to keep it up, wish me luck. Did anyone else have any success stories from them? Has a different approach worked for anyone else?

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I am so glad that our Walmarts in Toronto, Canada do not sell crabs. I would be heart broken and mad, all at the same time. A big supercentre just opened near my house and I double-checked and thankfully found nothing. I hope it is not just a matter of time.

I posted here a few days ago - not about Walmart - but our PJs Pet Store. There was only one location that had terrible conditions for their crabbies and I wrote to head office, not expecting anything, but did get a response that they would look into the location immediately. I am going to go back this weekend and see if anything has changed.

I think offering them you tank is a great idea and I hope they are open to it. Please keep us posted. I would love to hear how it goes ...

3. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Thats really kind i hope all goes well and you help out those poor crabs. I havent checked my local walmart yet but im planning to this weekend if i see even one crab in those conditions im gunna lose it on their manager and walk out with as many as i can carry because that is animal cruelty. Aswell as im going to call a local animal shelter and see whe rights protect the crabbies. You should try looking into that. Or even find as many crabbers and people interested in the cause and try a sit in. I know i will!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.