1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait a minute! Are these E's???

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by shmama, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmama

shmama Guest

:eek:mg:... I got these yesterday at Petco & thought they were two more ruggies, but they look different than my larger ruggies & these little guys are in nerite shells....Did I actually find 2 E's?!? Please look at (click on) pix & tell me. I only had 1 handy with both of them (Bell & Tink) in it, the other ones are just of Bell. & I have more on the way.
    Thanks (early) for your help! :huggies:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MomToDixie

MomToDixie "First Molt In Progress"

Looks like two little Rugs to me!

3. Cheyenne

Cheyenne Guest

Ruggies I think

4. shmama

shmama Guest

These are of Zamb last night. There are also some with him & Bell (1 of my tiny newbies). The 4th pic down you can see Bell in the very front of the tank, right on the Sea Turtle's face - She is so Adorable!~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are of Passion who came up just a couple of days ago from about a 1-1/2 month molt. She was coral pink when I got her about 3mos. ago & now she has darkened to deep red with this molt. The first photo is of my 10gallon with the new level (long shower caddy) in it (just waiting on my moss coming UPS). I don't want to put substrate in it because a moss pit with extra shells will stay cleaner w/o dirt & sand & also will deter surface molters up there (hopefully) :shmama:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Def. ruggies. They are adorable, congrats Diane! I wish I was able to find ruggies easier like I use to *sigh*.

Passion looks amazing! What an adorable straw, I'm so glad she had an awesome molt. Congrats again! :straw:

I thought I would never be able to find E's around here, but I discovered that aquarium stores (mom and pop, usually) that sell only fish, bring them in. Call up any aquariums in your area and ask them if they have land hermit crabs for sale... more than likely, if they say yes, they are E's.

6. shmama

shmama Guest

:froggz: ... I feel like a :dork2: LOL! :twirl: ..all for your help :flower:
    Aren't they just sweet? They both popped right up in my hand at the store, but Bell is def. more outgoing (she's the smaller, white one). I want to see when all 4 ruggies meet each other in there. Hey, I had to get more ruggies 'cuz I had just gotten my large sized ruggie mix from Vicki & needed some more consumers! :hermez: My PPs in the 10g tank chow that mix too actually. -lol. :tongue2: I have been trying to get some new pix of Safari & Lilly (from the 10g) since they molted & grew. They are both small white PPs, Safari being the one I got as a micro a few months back who is still really small & extremely cute, shy & fast! Lilly has practically doubled in size since I got her last year. She's a lid crawler & the first one to venture into the new upper level full of shells. But she is one who is not out as regularly - like some of them are. She is stark white in color & kind of bony looking, but quite personable & very cute. I will post them when I get 'em & also some more of the ruggies soon. :shmama:

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Congrats they are super cute! :straw:

8. Crabby1

Crabby1 "Third Molt, A Success"

Personally, I can't tell because the pics are too far away....but they are cute!

9. shmama

shmama Guest

You can click on each one to bring it closer. :sunny:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.