1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAH not eating!!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Guest, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

okay. for some reason, the hermies in the main tank haven't seemed to touch their food! even the crab in the iso tank has eaten at least a little food...I think it COULD be because i didn't grind it up for them as i usually do (busy week for me) so i'll try that when i get home but if it doesn't work i'll post again tomorrow or today.

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

This isn't an emergency -- now that you have a username you can post stuff like this under "General Gossip". Welcome aboard, by the way! [​IMG]

Sometimes crabs -- especially new crabs -- go for days without eating. They don't actually require a lot of food, so this by itself isn't cause for alarm. But if you are feeding them the same food every day, they may be getting tired of it. Try switching it up -- add some fruits or veggies, or even some meat (all unseasoned and preservative-free, of course!) and that my entice them to the dish. If they're used to eating commercial foods, it may take a while for them to get used to the change, but I have found that now I feed my crabs mostly fresh foods, they do show up for dinner more often!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.