1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video games

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Hermies, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies

Hermies Guest

:icon_smile:behold, the pinnicle of life itself!!! VIDEO GAMES!!! here we can talk about video games and all of their glory! Hits such as Halo, Halo 2, counterstrike, and even those cheesy little games like animal crossing. I just love it. :blob1:

2. Matt

Matt Guest

Okay, now honestly. I dont like console games, I grew up on PC games, and I will stick with PC games forever. If you ask me, Half-Life (not 2) was and still is the best video game of all time, especially pre-steam era. Now, of course, Counterstrike is Half-Life's little cousin, which is also a killer game. I have to say also that Day of Defeat is also very, very fun.

Now, Half-Life 2 is a very, very good game. The Source engine is totally the bomb, and overall all of it's younger Source cousins, even it's older Source cousin, Counterstrike: Source, again, great gameplay and exemplary graphics.

Aside from that, Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 3 are all excellent games. Doom 1 and 2 are so excellent, I even have them on my PSP. Doom 3 was too darn dark for me. I was standing there watching these blue orbs being tossed at me, by something that I cant see. Then all of a sudden the screen goes red and my health starts dropping before I even have the chance to hit the flashlight button.

Unreal Tournament: another classic, love the Redeemer, M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL-KILl-KIll-Kill-kill.

I became addicted to Demolition Derby & Figure 8 Race in 2002, great game.

Chuzzle Delux, I dont know if Amie got the chance to play it, but if she has, she knows how addictive it is. If you want it PM me.

Online games such as Helicopter, and Zombie Survival are my favorites.

NES games like Super Mario Bros, and Duckhunt (wicked fun game)

SNES games like Super Mario Kart and Chronos Trigger (yes, and RPG, but this is different MAD)

Megadrive games like Sonic and Street Fighter Alpha.

n64 Games like Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64

I hated PSone with a passion, except for Crash Bandicoot

Dreamcast included some Skateboarding one and a Hockey game.

PS2 Games include GTA:VC and MK-V:Deadly Alliance.

Xbox favs are GTA:SA and Halo 2 (Halo 2 only with the keyboard and mouse ports, I need my keyboard and mouse)

PSP - The only console I truly LOVE. The fav games list is endless, most of them Homebrew games, atop the list is the Homer's RIN GB-C Emulator, or Doom PSP. Fav Commercial games have to be NFSU:Rivals and GTA:LCS.

Overall I am a lumbering gamer who totally sucks, but keeps playing anyway.

3. jugger

jugger "Preparing For Third Molt"

Jugger: Streetfighter 2 champion

:icon_thumleft:

4. Matt

Matt Guest

I ROXZORZ at SF2 Champion, I just prefer SF2 Alpha.

5. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

MAD: Soul Caliber, which eats any Street Fighter variant for lunch

6. jugger

UNSTOPPABLE.

[img width=218 height=300]http://gioco.net/lof/Vega1.jpg[/img]

7. Hermies

Hermies Guest

I myself am a gamecube person. I say PS2 and PSP suck!! I am the starfox assault champion!!! I was playing that yesterday with my cousen (he was pretty good for the first time playing) but I took him to the cleaners and slaughtered him like a pig. SO BRING IT ON WORLD!!!! B-R-I-N-G I-T O-N!!!! Though I must agree with Mad and Jasso. Soul caliber is cool. But I have never played Ultamite Street fighter. :icon_thumleft:

P.s: Look around chatter box for "Need to get my ideas out" I could turn something you say into something funny, advise, or even a recipie :tongue3:

8. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

PLEASE jugger!!!!

I can take that masked wuss myself!!!!!

Vega was soooooooooo aggrivatting......

9. Matt

Matt Guest

Have you ever been on a PSP? Even if you dont get one for the games, get it for the mp3 storage, homebrew games, and movies. PSP is the BEST handheld system you can get.

10. bundy

bundy Guest

Few games I'm good at :tongue3:

On playstation NO ONE can beat me at tony hawks skateboarding, 1 or 2. I was a proffesional at that game. On PC I have Counter-Strike and Battlefield 2. I'm good at CS, but don't play either of them much anymore.

11. Shadow

Shadow Guest

I started gaming when I was 7, playing Doom 2... Sheesh that was a long time ago...

I also stick to the PC, I never really was a fan of consoles, or even much of hand helds, though I do have a GBA.

After Doom, I started playing Quake 1/2/3, and moved on to several RTS games like Total Annihilation and Starcraft (I suck at RTS games, but I still enjoy them!) I played the early beta versions of Counter Strike (those were the days!) before they went retail... I kinda lost interest after beta 0.65 when they started doing some balancing crap...

Since I got Freelancer (space sim, rpg) in early 2003, I've been addicted ever since. I have barely played anything other then Freelancer in the last two years, though I am currently having a Starcraft 'relapse" LOL. I used to play Desert Combat (Battlefield 1942 mod) for quite some time, and am hoping to get Battlefield 2 eventually.

12. jugger

[img width=300 height=225]http://www.armchairempire.com/images/action-figures/vega.jpg[/img]

13. Hermies

Hermies Guest

No way. :angry4: Nintendo DS is the bomb!! Besides, you know what those commercials say,"Touch is good" :icon_thumleft:

14. Hermies

Hermies Guest

I agree the sim games are pretty cool like URBZ and sim city 4. But I can slaughter you at starcraft any day of the year. But I have confidence that you would make a worthy opponite to beat :icon_thumleft:
    I also hear that they're coming out with starcraft: ghost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.