1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very SAD Concerning HCRU's Mascot (Stawberry)

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Eric, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Well, I hate having to post here. This morning I noticed one of my large strawberrys (HCRU's Mascot) in the corner of the tank at the top. His eyes are very glassy almost tinted white. He has two smaller Ruggies on top of him with one of there legs poking him in the eyes. He seemed not to mind so my initial reaction was ~O, No - Is he dead?~ I reached in to nudge him ever so slightly and he moved a very little bit from there I was going to ISO him but when I moved him a tad one of his legs fell off. I then decided to go with a cone of silence as I do not want to pick him up. I know now all I can do it keep the humidity levels up high, very dark and say a few prayers. I do not think it is looking good. Has anyone ever had a similar situation with a leg falling off while moving because of a MOLT?

Cappa

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG] Sorry Capa, I'm not much help here. I just wanted to say he's in my prayers and wishing him good luck. [​IMG]

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Oh no...praying your hermie pulls through. It is so terrible to see them like that and not be able to do anything other than wait. Lots of love and prayers to you.

4. simone

simone Hi, I'm New Here!

Sometimes the stress of a molt can cause dropping of limbs, yes. Hopefully he will hang in there and pull through it.

Good luck!

5. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Oh Cappa *HUGS* and hermie prayers going out right away for him. I myself have not had the prob with leg falling off while moving a hermie due to a upcomming molt.. I really hope and pray all goes well and he pulls out of this. Please keep us updated Cappa... [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Eric

Thanks for all your concerns. I was out most of the day and when I returned he was more out of his shell but still alive as he moved his legs slowly when I peeked in. Still no exo showing though. He is in the "cone of silence" (2 liter bottle) in high humidity. I am keeping the light off in the computer room where he is. I am sure there is a small chance that he will make it but I am ~Not~ giving up. [​IMG]

Cappa

7. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] [​IMG]Awww thanks tons Cappa for updating us we are all sending out vibes and lots prayers as well, i lit my candles and got out the palm leafs and said few diffrent prayers for him. lets hope all goes well and hes back to his self in no time.. *HUGS* [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mari61960

mari61960 "Never Molted"

Oh, how sad, I hope he pulls throug [​IMG] I told all my hermies to say a prayer before tearing up the tank tonight.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SuperMom

[​IMG] [​IMG]Lots of hermie hugs and prayers. We all know he is in good hands [​IMG]Good Luck and keep us posted. [​IMG]

10. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

I am so sorry Cappa and Jenny I will be praying for him. We are all here for you both..
    Sandra

11. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Thank you all, for all of your prayers, thoughts and concerns. I don't have an update, cause I'm scared to look. I will leave that part to Cappa. It's just so terrible to think of him going through that. What if he is in pain? [​IMG] Well, I'm sure Cappa will update when he gets home from work. Thanks all.

12. Eric

[​IMG]

Need i say more? Thanks for everyones concerns through this. He will always be our mascot!

Cappa

13. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Oh no, Cappa, I am so very sorry. Hugs to you and Jenny.

14. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Oh Cappa & Jenny i dont like the looks of that sad face, please dont tell us he passed.. [​IMG] Hermie *HUGS* to you both... [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. SuperMom

[​IMG] oh Cappa, Jenny I'm so soory for your loss. I know you did all you could and he will never be forgotten. [​IMG]

again sorry [​IMG]

16. Guest

Guest Guest

omg[​IMG] thts so sad [​IMG] i hope he pulls thru [​IMG][​IMG]

best wishes and prayers [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.