1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various Food Groups And Schedule

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by lovelylivelycrabs, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

For my banana, I peeled it as it wasn't organic. Leave the peel on until you're cutting it, though, or else it gets mushy in your hands.

Cloie, I tried your idea for this week. Rocky was in the food bowl for a good 20 minutes, we'll see how much is left after the evening. I went ahead and mixed salad fixings in with it once it was done cooking (lettuce and carrot only, though) and it did look yummy! I used 1/2 fresh and 1/2 salt water, but had to use more than you did (are you using Minute rice?).

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

no, minute rice isnt usually long grain so does not really have any nutritional value I use a long grain, when my rice is done it is not soft all the way through that way it does not get mushy during pre heats every night lol
    They are so spoiled! LOL

3. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

haha. Honestly, your crabs eat better than I do :rolleyes: I'm printing up some recipes and making a shopping list for my food, and I'm going to try and sneak in a few things for the crabs too. It'll be a little harder since I'm not actually going with them to the grocery store, but hey, they'll eat better, and as a side effect, so will I :p

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Just ask your parents for permission to get little bits of the crab-safe foods they do get. If they're getting veggies or fruits, those are easy to get - break off a broccoli bunch, take a green bean, a small piece of cucumber, etc. For meats, ask them for a piece when they open them up to cook (or marinate). Doesn't have to be big, and you can say that the piece they cut it from can be yours. That's how the husband and I do it - when we're grilling steak, I cut a piece off of my steak for the crabs. It's my piece, so I can do what I want with it. Honestly, you usually can't even tell which is which after cooking, either.

5. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

Ah, therein lies the problem. We eat out so much that we don't actually have any meat in the house. Haha, I'm going to cook more though. It's really not good to eat out every single day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
    ------------------
    I just had a magical moment with Eleanor. I took her out and I put her on my desk and she slooooowwwlllyyy came out of her shell and walked around a little bit. I couldn't touch her because every time she saw my hand or it made a shadow, she'd jump back in her shell, but I actually saw her. :D I don't think I've ever actually seen her before. Thrilling moment, to say the least.

:D Yay! *happy dance*

6. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Congrats! Almost all my crabs are like that. All shy and everything. What I did is take a peice of glas and put it between two stools and then ly under it when the crab comes out you can see it and find if it's a boy or girl and it can't see you!:)

7. vampressqueen

vampressqueen Hi, I'm New Here!

they come out far enough so you can see back/under there?
    Sickle just won't. :( We think of Sickle as girl anyway. Dig Dug seem to likes her-they always hang out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.