1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Call to Action

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Kali_Ma, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

2. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i would help u, but i dont know what fmr is so i wouldn't be of any help. but if u want to attack petco, count me in [​IMG]

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

i went to the link...that's so awful!Actually,I have that same caresheet and it's totally useless.I feel sorry for the crabs that have owners that completely rely on the caresheet with no other sources of information...[​IMG] It's so sad that people sell hermies like that,without caring about their needs;all they care about is their money.grrrr!!!I used to respect FMR for their research on hermies,but what good is it when they don't really CARE about the crabs????!I'll write a letter...what's the adress?FMR is going....DOWN!!

4. crazeecrabber103

o yeah,rodent111,fmr stands for florida marine research.they study hermit crabs,basically.did you go to the link??please go,then you'll understand how terrible it is.

5. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

oh my god, how horrible , COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!

6. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

UPDATE:

This was done months ago. The letters were sent off and no reply from the authorities has been forthcoming.

However, you can still write about FMR and complain. Maybe someday the animal welfare people in FL will get sick of hearing about this and do something.

7. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

hmmmmmmm, i guess it was. i didn't check the date

8. Samantha1978

Samantha1978 "Never Molted"

We bought our crabs on July 6 in atlantic city. We were given that same plastic tank in the picture of the link and that same care sheet. The lady at the store told me to keep the sponge most but that was all. When my big guy started to lose limbs I came online to get more info and I am so glad I did. There is very little detailed information on that care sheet.

The crabs were kept in wire cages with any where from 60 to 100 crabs in each. I don't remember there being any sand or substrate on the bottom of the cage. I wish I could remeber the name of the shop. I would call them or write a letter.

It's no wonder my big man has been having such a rough time.

9. crazeecrabber103

I knew it was pretty late,but I still feel like i should do something.I hope a bunch of complaints work!

10. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

This website doesn't even mention baout the different species of hermit crabs!It doesn't say that strawberries need saltwater!if people don't know that much about hermit crabs,they shoudl make a page about them at all.They only mislead people!!!It says that you can tell if a hermit crab is a female or male!!!
    http://www.centralpets.com/animals/fish/freshwater_inverts/fwi5791.html

11. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

UGG just read the "Caresheet" and it was 0% accurate! And to think I TRUSTED these evil-Single-brain-celled-corprate beastie sharks! grr
    *goes away to blow off steam*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.