1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I have been looking at those baskets, don't they have metal under the coating? Wouldn't that be bad for them?

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Looks good :)- I just did my deep clean - will post too. I use to use those baskets but they did rust on me - you have some big babies!

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

It is okay as long as the metal is not exposed. If the metal becomes exposed, then it is best to remove the item. Plants with wires are okay too under the same circumstances. Good eye for detail Chermo!:)

5. chermo

Thanks, I was looking at those and I saw they were metal under the rubber coating so I knew or thought they may rust. I also cut out the wires in my fake plants. I don't want to chance anything to hurt my little ones. I try my hardest to find all fake plants with no metal, even the ones for reptiles have metal in part of them. I had to cut it out and piece the pieced together by hanging them differently than they should have hung, I put them over the back of the soap dishes and they can still climb up them because of they way they are stuck to the back of the soap dishes. I even sometimes use zip ties to get stuff to stay on the soap dishes.

6. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

you should get one of those water backgrounds!!! it look so cool with the net hanging there. NIce tat.

7. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

I like it, first thought...military crabs, it kinda looks like boot camp for crabs. LOL... Good job!

8. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Thanks! They seem to like it okay, now that they've taken everything that I did and have redecorated it THEIR way. :p

9. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

Of course did you expect anything less! LOL!

10. Lightning Yoshi

Lightning Yoshi (Micro Crab)

sorry i wasnt here for some time but im here now! nice tat but like frogs said looks like boot camp maget!

11. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Chuck- Love your tat. I especially like the way you made the knitted piece like a suspension bridge, for lack of a better word. I've always made mine very tight for fear of them falling off a loose one. So do your crabs use it and does the swinging 'Tarzan' part bother them?

Chermo - Unless you really like it, I think you should not worry so much. We can't, as every mother will tell you, protect our little ones from everything. So if your concerns don't stress you out, okay. But if they do, take a few breaths and tell yourself They lived before I had them. They were alright now and they will be alright and worry doesn't help.

12. chermo

I do like the tank, I was just saying that metal is bad because rust, I worry my crabs and I care about others crabs so I was just saying that the metal getting exposed and rusting would not be a good thing and that he needs to make sure the metal doesn't get exposed and if it does he needs to remove it, I think a plastic one would be a better choice but it is his decision on what he uses in his tank. It was a concern about the metal and it doesn't stress me out just saying that the metal was bad. I like the tank a lot but I would like to see a plastic one used instead if there is a plastic alternative.

13. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

Nice tat, probably worthy of MTV Cribs. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.