1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up dated Crabitat

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by timebandit, Jan 14, 2010.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Is there too much green?

[img=400x300]http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj472/60trixie73/home004.jpg[/img]

[img=400x300]http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj472/60trixie73/home2.jpg[/img]

[img=400x300]http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj472/60trixie73/home003.jpg[/img]

[img=400x300]http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj472/60trixie73/home002.jpg[/img]

2. imported_Eric

imported_Eric (Small Crab)

I think it looks wicked :D Not too much green!

3. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

No, there isn't!
    It looks much better then my color-free crabitat!

4. imported_CoolDoggy10

imported_CoolDoggy10 "Preparing For First Molt"

Awesome Crabitat!!! :clever66:

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

VERY Nice!  :rockz:

6. hermitlove

hermitlove "First Molt, A Success"

That Is So Good!

7. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

Green is good, my crabs love to hide behind leaves and chill there all day. I like what you did to your tank.. the tank you have goes for 349$ here =( Maybe I will find it on special somewhere :p  I know they come with a screen mesh top, what did you replace it with?

8. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I love it! Maybe some deeper water dishes and wetter substrate but the flowers and cholla log looks GREAT as well as the new hemp nets and everything. :)

9. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

I see you got some of that plastic mesh I used in the exerciser, nice ;)

10. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

My husband pulled out the screen on the 4 parts. Had a piece of Plexiglas cut to the size of the lid and glued it on the lid with aquarium glue.
           cococrisp, The substrate can't be any wetter cause the humidity has been 85 to 90% for 2 months. Every since I did the deep clean. I only surface cleaned The one on the bottom is a constant 90%. I know that's high but I do take the lid off for a couple of hours but it goes back up once I put the lid back on. I watch the crabby's real good to make sure they aren't getting sluggish or. lethargic. They are very active and are climbing all the time. I Never have to spritz. This is one of the best reptile tanks that is made.Even though the top 2 in. of the sub. is dry the rest is moist and the humidity circulates throughout the tank from vents on the top and bottom. there is never a problem with condensation or mold . Everything in the tank is dry except the air.
         As for the water dishes, they are deeper than they look in the picture 2 1/4 in.

11. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

LordRhal, Yes I did and it is awsome. I put 1 sheet up and they can climb it so easy that I put up the other one i got and will probably get more. I'm thinking of putting it underneath the lid so they can walk upside down with ezz and not worry to much about falling.