1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underwater shell swap!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Crabaddict, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

LOL, I caught my newest addition swapping shells in the fresh water dish! I grabbed the camera and snapped a pic of him just as he was stuffing his bum in the new shell.

[​IMG]

I guess he liked the fit and decided to keep it!

[​IMG]

2. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

WOW! I bet that happens in the wild, too! I never really thought about it before, but it makes sense, since most of the choice shells are found at water's edge, or in the shallow areas. Very, cute crabby, by the way!!! :flower:

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thats a much easier way to clean the new shell out too! Very cool :kpics:

4. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

:thanks: guys!
    LOL, that's very true Hermez!

I bet it does happen in the wild. I think in this case he tumbled into the dish by accident. I heard a plop and a splash as I opened the light in the room, and found him maniacally checking out the shell. This is one high strung PP :blob5:

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

lol i need to keep my camera by the tank. I saw 2 crabs last night hauling shell really fast! The bigger one was chasing the smaller one and he was running for his life :biglaugh:

6. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

LOL, the camera is literally 3 feet away from the tank at all times! I love it when they do silly or cute things; getting it on camera is priceless!

7. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Great shot crabaddict! And pretty crab too! :drooltongue:

8. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thanks Star!

9. shmama

shmama Guest

:kpics: That makes more sense than changing them on land I s'pose. I have found empty shells in the water dishes frequently in the small tank of PPs. I never put it together before but I bet that is why. That IS a cutie, love the coloration! :amie2:

10. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thanks! I really love his coloration too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.