1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um...wow. Help?

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Winter, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter

Winter "Never Molted"

I was hearing the other two crabs, who are alive and eating like pigs.

Thank you all for your advice and I did my best to follow it even though I'm terrible at updating back here, but I'm afraid Jupiter is dead. I don't think there was much anything I could have done. It could be that the other crabs pestered him too much when I wasn't looking or it was just over-stress. I'm not sure if he tried to molt, probably just destressing because the other two were buried for just as long and they haven't molted. Jupiter was always the one to get pushed around and he was much gentler then those other two little monsters, so I'm not surprised. I am going to look over my tank and consider either a deep clean or a new (bigger) tank altogether just in case there was something wrong (and there are improvements I need to make, it's not perfect), but I think this was just a case of bad luck with a new crab for a newbie...I usually cry when my pets die, but I haven't yet. I'm sure I'm going to start bawling in about an hour.

2. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

I'm so sorry to hear that Winter. Do you finally have conclusive evidence of death? Did you figure out the mold mystery?

After reading all this I'm so worried about my molters. I wish I could see what going on. I've never had one die buried, but I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually. It's so nerve racking, and it seems like I always have at least 3 or 4 molting at a time. As soon as one comes up, another goes down.

3. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

Oh, sorry again winter...I just saw your post in obituaries. I don't think it was anything you did, or could do to help him. You're clearly doing your best to be educated and responsible about crab care.
    This happens to most crabbers at some point. I lost one to PPS, one to shell murder, and one was just a mystery.
    You did all you could for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.